Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH 2 Door Commodore - ADAYER SPORTIF

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
re rear boot spoiler

Staying with the original boot spoiler that came on this Adayer Sportif...

This is from the HDT VK model... need to keep some original Adayer Sportif stuff on this vehicle to keep it close to how it came from D.I.A motor Co...

Because these Adayer's where the last off the VH production line, Dia motor Co put a bit of VK stuff on them to keep up with the time of release...

plus...

The VH series rear boot spoiler was the blow "through type" and may not be or look big enough to balance the "look" of the 2 door... I think i understand why DIA motor Co used the bigger VK rear boot spoiler... to balance the look of this coupe... ?

what do you recon...

Last edited:

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Bit of a toss-up for me, I generally don't like VK bits being put on a VH but the Adayer is the exception to that rule for obvious reasons...

Yeah, I say go with what you've got.

What are you doing with the rear bumper and tail lights, the Adayer had a full VK rear end didn't it?

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
Hi bigfellaf237

re bumpers - spot on they are meant to be something similar to the VK type - DIA motor Co made them from fiberglass and steel but they are long gone - Lost in space... but i've seen a pictures of Adayer's with VK bumpers on - they are most likely kits that people bought and to save $ they put the VK bumpers on... ?

We're looking to put VH chrome bumpers on...

re tail lights... they will be VH SLE

re; the Adayer kit that people bought from DIA and converted the vehicle them self's - i dont think they ever got compliance/rego - the 11 vehicles that DIA motor made them self's are the only ones that got compliance.

I did meet a fella whos mate fitted the kit him self (panel beater) they couldn't get it complied/rego... would be very interested if someone did pop up who has different info !

cheer

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
I see no reason why you couldn't get that engineered, it's less complicated than a convertible roof conversion or an extended wheelbase and people get them passed all the time.

You're basically taking factory panels off one model (an Opel Rekord) and grafting them onto another (Commodore).

Andrew

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
thanx for you feedback Andrew

Yeah I'm not sure... your talking back in 1984-85... Engineering rules were tightening up by then...

You're basically taking factory panels off one model (an Opel Rekord) and grafting them onto another (Commodore).

Just relocating the B pillar further back plus engineering doors/body for side impact would require a amount engineering (passes) in 1984-85 to get compliance. When DIA built the Adayer Sportif they over engineered the vehicle and the project was over seen by GMH - GMH honoured the factory warranty on the ADAYER.

I'm really not sure and have never heard of any Adayer's sold in kit form getting compliance?

Would luv to know if anyone has heard different...

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
I reckon the devil is in the details, if you or I were doing the conversion it would simply be a "Modified Production Vehicle", the most you might have to do is beaming and torsion tests before and after, and only then if the engineer thinks the change to the sill panels and cant rails (with the B pillar move) are significant enough.

But it looks like DIA went down a different path in calling it a low-volume "Individually Constructed Vehicle", that means they are the manufacturer not GMH, and it opens up a whole new can of worms as they would've had to prove ADR compliance, which is probably why their "kits" were so hard to get approved?

Andrew

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
Yeahhhhhhhhhh...

2 door VH Commodore Adayer Sportif is on flat bed truck coming home...

And finally she home back at the workshop really for us to fiddle around with, dummy fit all the chrome and see too the long list that's needed before we paint...

20151114_133111 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
hi people...

looking for VH SLE CHROME bit...

need;

chrome bonnet eyebrows left and right

front / rear indicator chrome bits left / right

cheers

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
Hi people...

Still looking for VH SLE CHROME bits...

I nearly have everything BUT !

I really need - chrome bonnet eyebrows left and right

spikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
No 11 is in primer awaiting wet rub and paint. Hopefully before xmas.