Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hates/Dislikes about the VF SII

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My partner has a sri-v Cruze with the my link, never had a problem with it but never really used its full potential.
Because it's the centre of everything, it's the cause of all problems.
Aircon sucks? That's because it's run by MyLink. Our VS didn't blast us with cold air in the face, when it's 6 degrees outside & we've got the temp set to 23 degrees & we've asked for the demisting/feet function.
Reversing camera doesn't turn on for some reason? It's run by MyLink.
USB stick requires indexing for 5 minutes every time you turn the car on, meaning no ability to change/select music ... that's MyLink.
Batman style 'POW' symbol appears in info screen while you're on the highway, beeping over the top of the music you're listening to & shocking your passengers, and cruise-control disengages, all for no reason ... that's MyLink.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
4 x 4 ground clearance.

Can anyone explain why? Was the Series 1 that high?

Yes it was and if you drive at high speeds on sealed or unsealed country roads as I have done, you will appreciate every millimeter of height you get.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
It is a bit rough that the Redline lost the forged alloy wheels as standard from series 1 and the front seat cushioning is crap compared to early series 1 Redlines. I also liked the red stitching in the early cars.

On the other hand the LS3 is a great upgrade and the base SS is a bargain.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
It is a bit rough that the Redline lost the forged alloy wheels as standard from series 1 and the front seat cushioning is crap compared to early series 1 Redlines. I also liked the red stitching in the early cars.

On the other hand the LS3 is a great upgrade and the base SS is a bargain.

Really? I thought they were still forged. Do you know how much the series II wheels weight?

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
Love the car but climate control is hit and miss.

Hear Hear.

How the heck can something as simple as the air conditioning be so totally screwed up in software? The climate control is the one thing I see that consistently fails miserably in every VF. If I ever get to sit in one where it consistently works... I'll buy that one

FURLZY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Redline Sportswagon
Hear Hear.

How the heck can something as simple as the air conditioning be so totally screwed up in software? The climate control is the one thing I see that consistently fails miserably in every VF. If I ever get to sit in one where it consistently works... I'll buy that one

I have a VFII Redline wagon (Feb build) my climate control / AC has never missed a beat (done 5000 km's) has worked perfectly from day one.

But I agree on Mylink, It's the worst thing about the car by far. I am considering getting the Advanced Ice android system, althought it is very $$$$ Holden Mylink Integrated Android System

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
Yes it was and if you drive at high speeds on sealed or unsealed country roads as I have done, you will appreciate every millimeter of height you get.
They certainly look higher all round than the series 1, especially the rears which look a lot higher.
I like the vents.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Because it's the centre of everything, it's the cause of all problems.

Incorrect. MyLink isn't perfect but at the end of the day it's just a radio.

Aircon sucks? That's because it's run by MyLink.

Incorrect. The MyLink is sent data from the HVAC control module via Canbus and can't direct the HVAC to do ****.

Batman style 'POW' symbol appears in info screen while you're on the highway, beeping over the top of the music you're listening to & shocking your passengers, and cruise-control disengages, all for no reason ... that's MyLink.
Incorrect. An odd one nonetheless, for the same reason as above it's impossible for MyLink to affect the cruise control.

It's so funny watching people blame something for a problem they know nothing about. "OH **** THE MYLINK DISPLAYS INFORMATION SO IT MUST BE THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM THAT I HAVE RELATING TO THE INFORMATION IT DISPLAYS". It's like blaming a computer monitor for the DVD drive not working because the movie on the DVD isn't showing on the monitor.

On a different note, I have the newest calibration installed on my HVAC unit (new as of last month) and it's a lot better than it used to be.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
On a different note, I have the newest calibration installed on my HVAC unit (new as of last month) and it's a lot better than it used to be.

I have it on mine too now.
The heating seems to work best when it is on floor and screen and then only need about 22c to warm up.
If I select just floor, I need 26c to get it to warm up.

I still get cool air blowing out the vents when the heating is on (and floor selected) but it seems better.
The A/C still seems to turn on by itself which does my head in.