Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think is wrong with the world?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Extract from a letter to the editor in today's West

"The tolerance of the intolerable through the lens of political correctness is utterly corrosive."

Love this! Will be using it.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
One thing wrong with the world is pointless threads started with the primary intention of goading arguments from other forum members, usually resulting in an almost carbon copy of opinions and statements from various other threads where everyone ends up going round and round with no end result achieved.

I also don't like cats. They're too sneaky.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
One thing wrong with the world is pointless threads started with the primary intention of goading arguments from other forum members, usually resulting in an almost carbon copy of opinions and statements from various other threads where everyone ends up going round and round with no end result achieved.

I definitely agree with that. Thankfully pointless threads get locked very quickly and/or fade away very quickly. It's the threads with hundreds of posts that I like. They keep the dying "online forums" alive. :D

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder

So very true. However, when bored at work they are fun to read?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
conversations make the world spin, part of the joy of life.

Yup, I might disagree with a lot of people about a lot of things or I might agree with a few people about a few things or any combination thereof, but I will always enjoy the conversation. :D
The trick is to never take things too seriously.

"experts" and clickbait terminology like "slammed". So basically

... modern sensationalist journalism! Everyone wants to make something far more dramatic than it actually is, all for the sake of getting the attention on them and their story.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
From my experience there is no such thing as common sense anymore, we are teaching society not to use it. Have a think about how these guns become illegal, you'll find that at one stage some if not most were actually legally obtained. How do they get into the hands of those that use them against us? Putting them out there everywhere just increases the possibility of them being used against you. I was always taught as a youngster the best way to control a hazard is to remove it all together not try to control it. Either way your comment about legally owned guns are "rarely" used in any crime shows how people are ignorant (I don't mean that as a personal attack against you) if a legally owned gun is used just once against someone then that is once too many and something that could have been avoided, think about how you would feel if that once was against a love one in your life how would you feel?
Parliamentary inquiry showed that hardly any illegal firearms come from legal sources, so you can stop with that dribble.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

I also don't like cats. They're too sneaky.

I love cats, but not all cats. I've not had a cat since my last one passed on when I was a teenager. I loved my neighbours cat, she was like a dog and kept my properly "cat free" other than her (she thought she owned the place) and would even run off the neighbour hood tomcat.

I also love planes, trains and automobiles if that helps :)

Piss-poor sensationalistic journalism is something else I hate but I guess as a species we love other peoples miseries, these days news is less about the facts and more about the headlines and making money. It won't be long before journalism will be 100% about profit and 0% fact, paid and bought for by the highest bidder.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Extract from a letter to the editor in today's West

"The tolerance of the intolerable through the lens of political correctness is utterly corrosive."

I read that today too. Brilliant.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What part of it don't people get? Do I give people too much credit when it comes to common sense? Legally owned guns are rarely used in any crime. ILLEGAL guns are the problem. And you can get them any time.

You aren't up with the world are you? America, where guns are readily available are reguarly used to threaten motorists, for making a simple mistake on the road.

How do you determine who is going to get a gun? There is no way to determine if someone is going to snap, pull out their gun and shoot a family member, neighbour or innocient person walking their dog, that happens to crap on their front lawn. And yes, this occurs reguarly in all parts of the world, including this country, by legally owned registered guns and their owners. Yes, I knew a member of the armed forces, that did legally own a gun, that shot his wife, because he snapped.

So I'd suggest, you pull your head out your butt and read what is actually happening around the place, before making silly comments like this.

FWIW, it doesn't matter if guns didn't exist.....There are nut jobs out there that will grab anything (knives seem to be a popular choice these days) to inflict pain and/or death on people, just for the heck of it,or because they have snapped.