Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 1 Recall??

Larry Kin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 1 SS Storm Sportswagon
I received a call from the selling dealer in Brisbane yesterday, informing me service is due and there is a recall on my car. (Built 8/15 and V8) I thought it was a go at getting my car in their shed for the 5 year free servicing, I told them I am servicing the car independently as dealers do a shoddy job and use **** oils etc.

The recall is for rear wiring can get wrapped around tail shaft so they reckon.
I contacted https://www.productsafety.gov.au/ they responded with no idea what I was talking about? So I rang another dealer they knew about the recall which was released yesterday apparently. Just letting others know either call your local dealer or wait for written verification for Holden, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Confirming, had same told to me Tuesday. VF I SV6. Wrapping around rear ABS wiring can unravel and become entangled with drive shaft. Fix is cable ties. Apparently some costing issue with ties supplied by factory is delaying the rectification application. The dealer inspected mine anyway and all good. I guess they'll apply the cable ties next service.

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Cable ties, wow, costly item for the dealer apparently? God, talk about tight!

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Recall came out about a month ago but was suspended a day later due to a parts supply issue.
The fix is cable ties, which are supposedly special heat resistant ones. Stupidly priced too, not that it effects the customer.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I checked with my dealer 2 days back, still waiting on parts.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
My SV6 18/6/2105 build.

Rang the dealer re the diff/drive shaft/s wiring problem, the car is captured by the recall.
Booked in for next Tuesday.

Thanks guys for the heads-up.

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
Hi all can confirm recall. Just rang dealer he said they have done a heap already. Have booked mine in next service in 2 weeks. 2015 sv6

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I contacted https://www.productsafety.gov.au/ they responded with no idea what I was talking about?

This particular issue is a customer satisfaction rework rather than a safety recall so it won't be notified or advertised. It's expected that a decent portion of in service vehicles will be captured by regular service department visits (i.e. for any service or warranty visit).