Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hello Martin. I managed to secure a black roof also. 1 of only 2 allocated to the dealership this year. Would have preferred a chrome one but....... (joking).
Did you manage to sight a Nitrate MSE yet mate ? My z series was nitrate and one panel beater could match the colour very close whilst the other was way off. 2 x kangaroo strikes. My dealer has sold out of MSE's and was only allocated 7 W1's. On another note just replaced the Potenza's on my sv6 due to a puncture. 65k kilometres out of them. Would have got close to 70k kilometers in the lead up to winter. Sticking with the bridgies again.

Your dealer is doing quite well if they were "only" allocated 7 W1's. Most dealers were lucky to get that many Redlines.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Hi all,
Long time reader but first post. In the market for MY17 SSVR with a few accessories. Have had a motorbuys quite done and got the final quotes through this afternoon after the 24 hours... best was an SA dealer at $58,200 drive away and the worst was a vic dealer at $67k. Massive spread... I'm in the ACT and a dealer here had a 2016 plate for $63k drive away... some weird pricing. Anyone else having same issues?
Thanks
Hobbit

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Everything I've seen/heard the my17 redlines come with blackout and the sports bars fitted factory. I'm sure there's a good chance if you spoke to a dealer you'd be able to get the chrome and sports bars removed as part of the deal. I was dead against the sports bars but they are growing on me.

I'm about 8 weeks away from picking up my my17 redline ute in heron white and planned on removing them but will wait and see. I'm led to believe they bolt onto the existing tie down points so shouldn't be hard to remove if need be.

I was going phantom black, and I believe the chrome trimmings would look better on a black car, rather than all black. And the sports bar just reminds me of the B&S brigade, with their "modified" utes. Handy to know it can be easily removed though. And not leave behind any large bolt holes. Only thing is you'd be up for another tonneau cover though, without the holes for the bar. Hopefully the dealer would be obliging to refit the chrome and remove the bar with a replacement tonneau

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Hey RedBadge,
In an ideal world I would have preferred the my17 Redline to come with chrome from the factory, but it isn't to be and I have to accept it for what it is.
Like you said, the black helps define it as a my17 Redline so retrofitting chrome will have a negative effect as it will then appear as a base SS or a my16 car.
As mentioned by a few others, the black looks quite good with LMF and other light colours (it has actually grown on me quite a bit), however on phantom black it just looks plain wrong.

I'm wanting a Phantom black and the chrome would look better on it. Not a fan of the black wheels either. Prefer the series 1 polished wheels

but yeah, I agree the black trim looks alright on the LMF and Spitfire green cars. But with Black, you need chrome in my opinion

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hello Martin. I managed to secure a black roof also. 1 of only 2 allocated to the dealership this year. Would have preferred a chrome one but....... (joking).
Did you manage to sight a Nitrate MSE yet mate ? My z series was nitrate and one panel beater could match the colour very close whilst the other was way off. 2 x kangaroo strikes. My dealer has sold out of MSE's and was only allocated 7 W1's. On another note just replaced the Potenza's on my sv6 due to a puncture. 65k kilometres out of them. Would have got close to 70k kilometers in the lead up to winter. Sticking with the bridgies again.
Hi RedBadge, Don't forget, you can always option the chrome mirror scalps for that "individual" look :) With respect to the MSE, no mate, the special editions don't start production until 2nd half of the year so I understand so if I go Nitrate it will ordered sight unseen. I agree with you on the Bridgestones, I've always got reasonable mileage out of them but I can't remember having the softer Potenza's before, good to see you can get 65K km's out of them, especially at $440/back tyre. The 30 series on the 20" rims will be more again, the price of traction I suppose. You'd have to be happy with the Phantom roof option, pretty rare for the MY17 Redlines from what I saw on the allocation sheets, they were called SSV-Y Redline. How far off is delivery of yours, was it march? Getting closer!! I'm expecting plenty of photo's. Anyway, my dealer e-mailed me Monday to let me know they've had a MY17 Redline delivered in Spitfire in case I wanted to check out the colour. I'll drop in tomorrow to have a look. Looking at the recent posts its great to see everyone has their own opinion of what looks good to them, and for the most part they respect

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Your dealer is doing quite well if they were "only" allocated 7 W1's. Most dealers were lucky to get that many Redlines.
Yeah your right Zero. I guess "only" isn't the correct word to use as they were allocated just 1 director but like many dealers they are probably turning many prospective buyers away in frustration. I haven't really been following any hsv threads to compare allocations. No doubt the enjoyment is being sapped out of the job satisfaction for many salespeople. Wheels magazine is giving away a redline in their car ot the year edition for those interested.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi all,
Long time reader but first post. In the market for MY17 SSVR with a few accessories. Have had a motorbuys quite done and got the final quotes through this afternoon after the 24 hours... best was an SA dealer at $58,200 drive away and the worst was a vic dealer at $67k. Massive spread... I'm in the ACT and a dealer here had a 2016 plate for $63k drive away... some weird pricing. Anyone else having same issues?
Thanks
Hobbit
Welcome aboard Hobbitus, the quotes you're receiving have unfortunately become typical since early January and comes down to dealers profiteering on a rapidly diminishing supply of cars. As pointed out previously some are in it for the long game but it seems pretty clear where your car will be ordered from $58,200 for a MY17 Redline is a great price. And you get to run it in on the way home :)

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Hi RedBadge, Don't forget, you can always option the chrome mirror scalps for that "individual" look :) With respect to the MSE, no mate, the special editions don't start production until 2nd half of the year so I understand so if I go Nitrate it will ordered sight unseen. I agree with you on the Bridgestones, I've always got reasonable mileage out of them but I can't remember having the softer Potenza's before, good to see you can get 65K km's out of them, especially at $440/back tyre. The 30 series on the 20" rims will be more again, the price of traction I suppose. You'd have to be happy with the Phantom roof option, pretty rare for the MY17 Redlines from what I saw on the allocation sheets, they were called SSV-Y Redline. How far off is delivery of yours, was it march? Getting closer!! I'm expecting plenty of photo's. Anyway, my dealer e-mailed me Monday to let me know they've had a MY17 Redline delivered in Spitfire in case I wanted to check out the colour. I'll drop in tomorrow to have a look. Looking at the recent posts its great to see everyone has their own opinion of what looks good to them, and for the most part they respect
Hey Martin. Delivery now back to mid April because of the black roof. I figured it was worth the wait. That Spitfire should certainly make a statement alright and the black trims would contrast well. I've always felt the black trim looks best on white or the jungle green coloured cars.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
I was going phantom black, and I believe the chrome trimmings would look better on a black car, rather than all black. And the sports bar just reminds me of the B&S brigade, with their "modified" utes. Handy to know it can be easily removed though. And not leave behind any large bolt holes. Only thing is you'd be up for another tonneau cover though, without the holes for the bar. Hopefully the dealer would be obliging to refit the chrome and remove the bar with a replacement tonneau

Yep 100% agree. I was considering the phantom black but it's way too much black in the my17, definitely needs the chrome to break it up.

Yea another tonneau cover would be required or have to go down the hard lid route.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hey Martin. Delivery now back to mid April because of the black roof. I figured it was worth the wait. That Spitfire should certainly make a statement alright and the black trims would contrast well. I've always felt the black trim looks best on white or the jungle green coloured cars.
Yes I reckon your right re the green but I'm not really a "look at me" kind of person. I'm really just going to have a look at the other colours and try and make a decision on which colour, my dealer says I need to finalise the contract by the end of Feb for some reason. I think Spitfire is quite a bit brighter than the Jungle green from what I've seen. Anyway, I might take some pics and post them up if anyone is interested. I understand it is for sale so I'll get the DA price. Pretty sure its optioned with the 20"rims and maybe the Phantom roof, I'll know tomorrow. Yes, pushing the delivery back a few weeks for the Phantom roof is worthwhile, how much is that option if you don't mind me asking $500? thanks RedBadge.