Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New arrival - diddled?

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
thanks Guys. I own a VF and the bonnet closes perfectly with that crisp clunk. with regard to build dates - yes you nailed it Holden17. It's the same car they agreed to sell just brought forward as you mentioned. I realise I didnt agree to make contract subject to a drive but once bitten twice shy. If I'm going to have warranty headaches im just as happy to leave the car there and walk away from my deposit

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
thanks Guys. I own a VF and the bonnet closes perfectly with that crisp clunk. with regard to build dates - yes you nailed it Holden17. It's the same car they agreed to sell just brought forward as you mentioned. I realise I didnt agree to make contract subject to a drive but once bitten twice shy. If I'm going to have warranty headaches im just as happy to leave the car there and walk away from my deposit
Why would you expect to have warranty issues? You haven't even taken delivery of it yet.

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
the day i picked up mine when the dealer was raving on about the car, i just walked round it ,eyeballed it for panel alignment , dings , scratches ect before i handed over the check, that's all you can do , you have brought it any issues are covered by warranty
your not getting cold feet on the deal ?, just go with the flow pick it up and enjoy your new car . there wont be any new ones sadly soon to buy:(

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I always walk around a car at delivery to see if there are any really noticeable cosmetic problems but I've always found the best way to check a new car is to drive it home and go over it with a fine tooth comb without someone looking over your shoulder.

Document everything that you're not happy with including anything during the drive and that evening email it off to the service manager plus a copy to the sales manager and take it back the next day so they can inspect your concerns.

The email is your time and date record of proof of any problems.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
They can certainly slap some trade plates on it and let you drive it, but are you seriously contemplating walking away from the deal because of it ?

ratsmow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
I was told by a friend working at the plant that they were a week in front so that should explain your dates. Wash your car when you get it home, that's when you really notice any tiny imperfections.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
picked a couple small imperfections - one in each door but so minor. bonnet alignment isn't great but it's not great on any VF i've seen. they are all 100 shades of colour, my current one included. bumpers are diff to guards, guards are out to bonnet, etc.
not walking away. have issues with the brakes and squeeky rear suspension on my current VF so just cautious

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I feel contentment will continue to ellude you.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Diddled? I don't get it, what you're complaining because it was built one week early?
If you're worried about the bonnet not closing how you want get them to fix it before collecting the car.
What's so wrong with your brakes and squeaky suspension to make you this paronoid and discussing walking away from this car?