Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah you would see the trailer and that is it and it will constantly beep each time you change back into reverse after pulling forward. They are a pita as you need to keep pressing the button to stop the beep. You can set up a camera on the trailer gate though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I actually don't particularly like them. I rarely use the one in our Outlander. Im old school using the mirrors like we have for decades. Only thing I like about them is you can creep right back in a reverse park and not need to get out to see how close you are.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It’s really only supposed to be for what you can’t see out the back window, anyway.
I use it for stuff like you mentioned; basically when you can’t see stuff. Like our driveway; we have to back in at an angle to avoid scrapage, and there’s nothing to really line-up with to tell where the layback is ... reversing camera is good for that. As long as, in the Commodore at least, it’s not raining ...

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Same as you but the poster was having trouble backing a trailer/ not being able to see it.

I haven't backed in mine so not exactly sure. I have backed a truck with a small arse trailer. Not the most pleasant.

I suppose you could put an old broomstick in the back drivers side corner of the trailer to see where that is and judge from there.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Where’s the rear camera for the “360 degree” thing?
If it’s up high, that could help with the ZB?

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
ZB are we back to that. I thought we had moved on. Haha.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It’s really only supposed to be for what you can’t see out the back window, anyway.

Like small children. I recall that the appalling lack of rear vision immediately behind SUV's was a significant incentive to the spread of rear view cameras when fatalities involving young kids became a bigger problem due to the growth in popularity of those vehicles.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
20171229_143616.jpg
20171229_143735.jpg
20171229_143803.jpg
20171229_143652.jpg
20171229_143856.jpg
TV show... Wisdom of the crowd...
the detective Cavanaugh was driving a GM Buick 4 door that had a grille with that little top bit of grille like that Holden 4 cylinder FWD thing they made here.

I thought the car might be a version of Insignia, then I thought I saw some large capital letters written on the front doors.
AVISTA (maybe).

In a carpark, car chase, it did a J-turn so I assumed it must be a rear wheel drive. It seemed roomy enough for two blokes in the front seat, I wonder if it is the 4 door version of the AVISTA car being chatted about in this thread, or the US version of an Insignia

The following message is directed to Niels Loeb :eek: I think the original Insignia looked heaps better.
I think I am looking at a Mazda 6

img_9939-jpg.196579

images

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
TV show... Wisdom of the crowd...
the detective Cavanaugh was driving a GM Buick 4 door that had a grille with that little top bit of grille like that Holden 4 cylinder FWD thing they made here.
Coincidence! I saw that yesterday. :)
Did wonder what it was, but it’s not right for a rebadged Insignia if you compare stuff like bootlid shape & the shape of the side window openings.
It’s not RWD though, they don’t have any sub-Cadillac 4dr that’s RWD.
Looking at the Chevrolet website; it’s a Malibu.