Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a new Director

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

Does anyone know if their is a way to lower a new Director that has the MRC4 suspension in it as standard?

I don't want to lose the features of the MRC and don't want to remove the MRC either. Would springs from say a GenF2 GTS or standard GTSR work in my car and would they make the car lower?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yes you can. Almost anyone will take your money, but no doubt you’ll want to say it’s a ‘cool’ poseur brand like Walkinshaw or Tekno.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hi all
Does anyone know if their is a way to lower a new Director that has the MRC4 suspension in it as standard?
I don't want to lose the features of the MRC and don't want to remove the MRC either. Would springs from say a GenF2 GTS or standard GTSR work in my car and would they make the car lower?
Regards,
RTSV6UTE

Any aftermarket spring that suits the VF will fit as the spring seat and top hat (if thats whats they called) are the same dimensions as normal VF struts. MRC only control's the dampers in each mode not height as that is fixed by the springs. The MSE and Directors use the Chev SS frt & rr springs. Obviously stiffer springs will effect the MRC to a degree , good or bad will be up to the owner.

Last edited:

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Horsepower Factory in Dandenong do a lowered spring for MRC, can't recall the price at the moment but will be listed on their website.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Get the angle grinder bruv and just chop the cuntz in half. Cheap and mad as

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

Ok so after ringing around and speaking to a couple of independent suspension shops, 2 x pedders shops and Walkinshaw performance I can confirm that the only solution offered to me is King Springs from the Walkinshaw Performance outlet who can offer lowering of a vehicle with MRC4 suspension.

For Pedders to lower the car they said I have to buy a complete spring/shocker kit or best to install a full coiliver kit at just over $2,300.

Lowering MRC4 is different to lowering MRC from a HSV, everybody that works in the industry has confirmed that.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE