Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Lighting

Corey_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
hey guys

just bought myself an sv6 vf and having trouble with adjusting the lighting

also know they have the LED fog lights and can't figure out how to turn them on along with the headlights at nighttime and daytime, i can only get them on by themselves if i flick the switch to auto and back to power

read the manual but it didn't help much
any help would be appreciated cheers

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
If you are referring to the Series 1 model Sv6 that has fog lights (these weren’t LEDs from memory - only the DRLs??) then this is controlled through pushing the grey button that is at the centre of your light switch control. The fog light symbol is on it. The fog light cannot be turned on separate to the headlights. Either headlights on via auto or manual will then let you switch on the fog lights and this is shown on your driver’s indicator. The manual has this info under fog lights.

Series 2 models don’t have the fog lights.

Corey_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
If you are referring to the Series 1 model Sv6 that has fog lights (these weren’t LEDs from memory - only the DRLs??) then this is controlled through pushing the grey button that is at the centre of your light switch control. The fog light symbol is on it. The fog light cannot be turned on separate to the headlights. Either headlights on via auto or manual will then let you switch on the fog lights and this is shown on your driver’s indicator. The manual has this info under fog lights.

Series 2 models don’t have the fog lights.

Ok cheers and yeah I mean't the DRLs and thought you could have them on at the same time as the headlights

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ok cheers and yeah I mean't the DRLs and thought you could have them on at the same time as the headlights
Only on HSV's. Although, if you are interested, a few on here have installed a unit which enables them to be on with the headlights, at ~50% brightness. They're available on eBay for about $20.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Only on HSV's. Although, if you are interested, a few on here have installed a unit which enables them to be on with the headlights, at ~50% brightness. They're available on eBay for about $20.

Do you know if there’s been any dramas with that DRL 50% @ night install?

Easy to do or better to take it to an electrician?

Got a link to the kit we need?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited:

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
As 426Cuda said, DRLs are automatically on when your headlights are off. Wire them up professionally or yourself if you’re confident if you want them on at night too (a la HSV).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I'm not a fan of aftermarket solutions that contain hidden in-line fuses for circuits that already have fuses within the fuse box. Makes fault finding a PITA.

So how is it done on HSV's? Is it some code in BCM, an extra HSV black box?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not a fan of aftermarket solutions that contain hidden in-line fuses for circuits that already have fuses within the fuse box. Makes fault finding a PITA.

Dunno? They prob's use one of these:p

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

Via the BCM, HSV specific.

Can't be enabled in ours as it wasn't written in our BCMs.