Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Engine mounts sagged ? Sump hitting the kframe?
Mounts were done about 2 years ago. The only thing that wasn't done then was the sway bar links. I have had a look at the other posts and may have over tightened them. Loosened them up a bit and it is better. I did not do the bushes in the Z bar to chassis, but any issues there would have been picked up when the alignment was done. Will check the K frame mounts today.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oil and filter change this arvo. Also had a blocked pipe in window squirters. Didn't see anything come out but needed compressed air to blow out the hoses, which has fixed the problem.
I was going to have the sump reasealed soonish but I think the leak is RM. Hard to really tell due to the position of the oil. But i would have thought that the sump would be leaking at the front and sides as bad as it is at the rear.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Got the power steering pump a few days ago for the Statesman, Kelpro for $285 delivered
Fitted it today...

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Took the lh rear wheel off to adjust handbrake tension on that side.
It was so funny with my 1y/o son pushing in front of me for a closer look at the disc.
And then when i was under the car (removing caliper) he was helping by climbing over me. Or climbing on the wheel we had taken off.
Kids are awesome.

Anyway, got adjustment sorted and now handbrake is good on about 3-4 clicks.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Kelpro for $285 delivered

and to think I used to completely overhaul a PS pump and fit it for the customer for a grand total of $100 and many folk though that was a bit of a rip.

If only they knew.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
and to think I used to completely overhaul a PS pump and fit it for the customer for a grand total of $100 and many folk though that was a bit of a rip.

If only they knew.
Mate I was gonna ask you to rebuild mine when it needs doing. $100 is a great price. Probably $20 each way in freight. So for $140 I'd be really happy with that.

As for my tyres they are a couple of years old and probably done 40k or close to it. So no hooning, unfortunately. I even ease on the pedal as to conserve tyres and petrol. I might get better mileage when I upgrade the rears to KU22s, like I have on the front.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Any time Losh, no issues.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS

If only they knew.

If it wasn't a variatonic pump i could get one for $158, the dearest price was repco at $530

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Given the gen pumps are a pretty good unit on the VR V6; I'd rather have mine rebuilt than go aftermarket.