Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Nah no pits rather 4 post hoist...more flexible & if need be extra car spot,one on hoist roll another underneath it lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm probably going hoist when I build a new shed. Building the pit is a challenge as you have to have the shed signed off before you can brick it up and pour the slab up to it. Yet you still need to have the hole dug before the shed is erected, as it is hard to get the excavator in once the frames are up. You can't let council see it or you get in trouble.

I'm gonna look at one of the Tuff Lift hoists. They are pretty decent and price is better than a Molnar, which are not as good as they used to be.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I'm gonna look at one of the Tuff Lift hoists. They are pretty decent and price is better

Tuff Lift was what I was thinking/ liking, if it ever happens.
Seeing them advertised on that show man & machine, then looking online is what made me start thinking I might be able to get / want one.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Cleaned the carpets on the VS Statesman and got rid of all the grease.
Diesel work great for removing grease from carpet and velour :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Spent arvo elbow deep in matching/modding vp v6 engine harness to vs v8...yeah that seemed like fun untill had enough so for diversion noticed extractors were warped that badly linished em' up on flat footpath :)

Then spent maybe an hour filing driver side extractor listening to radio while cats in backyard went pyscho on each other. DIY v8 conversions on a budget haha

Memcal sent away for tune hopefully get back in day or two.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Replaced panhard bushes. The threads that tell you how to do, do not mention thet the body will move and getting the mounting bolts back in was a bit of fiddling. Put the axle one on first and fiddle with teh jack height until the body one lines up. Sway bar bushes today, when I get back from Atherton.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
My VS wagon under the carport was getting very dusty so put it out in the backyard last night so our first rain this year could give it a wash.
I really need to pull my finger out and finish off the interior and get it back on the road.
It does have ABS and airbags but no cruise. Can see the under bonnet servo plug and need to check the steering column for stalk plug and install relay and brake switch. I have all required parts from a wrecked VS and another wrecked VS that had the separate cruise loom installed.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Diesel work great for removing grease from carpet and velour

White Spirits is your best friend on interiors. It will disolve just about anything without leaving a trace behind. It even removes windscreen sealer out of carpet with such ease. Simply use a toothbrush and rub stains and grease straight out.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Had an alignment done today. 2.5mm out which the mech said was a reasonable amount. I have had the alignment out by over 6mm before and that was just plain dangerous at anything over 80kph. Glad I got it done as I was noticing a slight wear on the inside edge of the left tyre, since having the strut top replaced. Had it gone much longer, it would have gone too far and probably would have continued to wear badly.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
When I slapped the rebuilt suspension in the vp,gave it quick visual check & bounce then test drive...came up good with tape measure/chalk trick so left it a few weeks untill got some chasers & new tyres for it.

Wheel alignment dude barely adjusted it & said I got it spot on..lucky it was free wheel alignment with tyres!!!!

Vp v8 conversion is majority of the way there...won't be able to get back into it for another 2-3 weeks :(

Love these budget d.i.y builds...fun,cheap & interesting.