Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"International" Boot lid badge

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
Hey guys,

I'm picking up my new car tomorrow, a 2013 VF International and I just bought an "International" badge off eBay to go on the back of the boot as the car for some reason didn't already come with one.

I know the Internationals usually have the badge towards the bottom left hand corner of the boot lid but I need some advice on exactly "where" the badge needs to go in terms of measurements and dimensions. Is there any way I can find out the exact measurements of where the badge needs to be placed? or should i take it to my local Holden dealer (where there's a service center) and get them to do it for me?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Have a look on Carsales for some images which will give you a pretty accurate position, with a bit of interpretive measuring, to do it yourself.
I would not trust a Holden service centre to get it right …….. "about 'there' should be close."

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
as the car for some reason didn't already come with one

Its been debadged or probably in an accident.

See if you can look on an angle using the light to try and see where the badge used to be because sometimes after the badge is removed you can still see a slight outline of where it used to be.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Here

If you have sidi badge use that as a reference point. I.e. distance from the bottom and the edge of the bootlid...
Mark with some masking tape and stick it on ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190612-113629_Carsales.jpg
    Screenshot_20190612-113629_Carsales.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 373

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
Here

If you have sidi badge use that as a reference point. I.e. distance from the bottom and the edge of the bootlid...
Mark with some masking tape and stick it on ;)

My car doesn't even have the sidi badge either the boot lid is blank apart from the holden badge... it would have made it alot easier to be able to use one badge as a reference point for the other... hopefully can sort something out when i get them delivered

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
My car doesn't even have the sidi badge either the boot lid is blank apart from the holden badge... it would have made it alot easier to be able to use one badge as a reference point for the other... hopefully can sort something out when i get them delivered

reading your other post about the bee sting I would take a wild guess and say the last owner debadged it so I would check if you can still see the outline of the old badge in the sun and get a reference point from that.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The placement of those badges is often the same as other types of badges. Ss, sv6 etc.

All you need is the distance from the side edge and bottom edge of the boot as a reference.

Happy to measure mine tomorrow and post numbers here...unless someone does it sooner...

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
I
The placement of those badges is often the same as other types of badges. Ss, sv6 etc.

All you need is the distance from the side edge and bottom edge of the boot as a reference.

Happy to measure mine tomorrow and post numbers here...unless someone does it sooner...

I'd appreciate that thanks heaps !

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
When someone asked a similar question around here, but not WRT the International badge, I'm about 95% sure someone else posted-up a diagram showing the template (ie. measurements for badge placement) that Holden published to be used by repairers. I couldn't find that post with a quick search though.

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
When someone asked a similar question around here, but not WRT the International badge, I'm about 95% sure someone else posted-up a diagram showing the template (ie. measurements for badge placement) that Holden published to be used by repairers. I couldn't find that post with a quick search though.

Ok, that'd be the most reliable source for measurements... i'll do some Googling and see if i can find anything.