Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman 3.8Ltr 6 cyl with a Dangerous issue

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I was taking magnesium supplements too when struggling to sleep, things got so bad I was getting a solid 2-3 hours sleep between 12 hour shifts at work...
See the problem I had I have THIN walls on my vein or arteries in my head and that can cause a stroke or TIA (transient ischaemic attack). I'm a very,very, POOR sleeper, All because my brain wont shut down, always thinking about different things together "EG" My Sons Statesman, My Cheap VE HVAC Issue, Dont forget to give the Monaro a oil change, also dont forget to Program My Sat System to get Chinasat 6C with its 4K Channels, sugger I' full on sometimes and wont why I dont sleep well. Its very hard to wind down after a full on day. Last night whilst I was watching the Cricket I was watching on another monitor I was removing the dead Satellite Channel and re scanning the for new ones. done this for 4 satellites I still have at least 25 to go. Never a dull moment at our place

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You should try growing tomatoes and spinach instead instead, gardening is quite relaxing they say

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
See the problem I had I have THIN walls on my vein or arteries in my head and that can cause a stroke or TIA (transient ischaemic attack). I'm a very,very, POOR sleeper, All because my brain wont shut down, always thinking about different things together "EG" My Sons Statesman, My Cheap VE HVAC Issue, Dont forget to give the Monaro a oil change, also dont forget to Program My Sat System to get Chinasat 6C with its 4K Channels, sugger I' full on sometimes and wont why I dont sleep well. Its very hard to wind down after a full on day. Last night whilst I was watching the Cricket I was watching on another monitor I was removing the dead Satellite Channel and re scanning the for new ones. done this for 4 satellites I still have at least 25 to go. Never a dull moment at our place

I know the feeling. I changed jobs 15 years ago cause all I could think about was the completed jobs and the next jobs coming up the following shift. AT my current employment I literally forget what I did the moment I walk out the door, there is a log book on each machine, I note down anything of interest and then I don't need to remember what I did. I don't get paid enough to worry about work ****, got enough **** at home keeping me awake at night.

I only take 150mg lots of magnesium and don't take other supplements so I'm not worried about taking to much. Sometimes I use multi vitamins if run down more than usual but I'm reasonably careful to make sure you don't get to much of anything.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I'm learning a lot from you about my son.

Much of what happened to him and his recovery is complex and the neurologists are not able to explain things too easily. One has seen him as a challenge and we are all learning a lot form him.
Although it wasn't a stroke he had, the kid we have been left with after it is most like someone recovering from a stroke.
What you are saying makes so much sense to us and helps me understand this frustrating kid who can't tell me these things.

As far as blood pressure goes, there are other things that can be at play, and one is vascular diseases that can become more common as we age.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
[QUOTE="VFSV6FORME, post: 3057039, member: 137341" After this NO more Magnesium I stopped taking Magnesium As I was taking to much Magnesium .[/QUOTE]
i have afib, cardiologist reccommended magnesium supplement
it has turned my life around
obviously i was severely deficient
you were not deficient
so i googled it and feeling face flushing is one of the symptoms of magnesium overdose
glad the car is working out
i am finally having the energy to start working on my car again
i must have very strong veins in my head, at one stage my bp was 175/125

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
[QUOTE="VFSV6FORME, post: 3057039, member: 137341" After this NO more Magnesium I stopped taking Magnesium As I was taking to much Magnesium .
i have afib, cardiologist reccommended magnesium supplement
it has turned my life around
obviously i was severely deficient
you were not deficient
so i googled it and feeling face flushing is one of the symptoms of magnesium overdose
glad the car is working out
i am finally having the energy to start working on my car again
i must have very strong veins in my head, at one stage my bp was 175/125[/QUOTE]
I laugh my head of whilst watching Tv as one show a girl got bitten by a snake and she was getting rushed to hospital via a ambulance and her bp was 80/65 and the the actor playing as a paramedic said "WE ARE LOSING HER" **** I had 65/52 and still feel reasonable ok

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
[QUOTE="VFSV6FORME, post: 3057039, member: 137341" After this NO more Magnesium I stopped taking Magnesium As I was taking to much Magnesium .
[/QUOTE]
"O" yes It was a big mistake for me.
My Mate had a Stroke and his BP was 205 or 8 o something over 200/ 120,, he is still waking the earth today

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
You should try growing tomatoes and spinach instead instead, gardening is quite relaxing they say
Before I had the Heart attack and we live in Acreage in big home we did grow a lot of stuff and it night I was there to catch the Animals trying to steal it.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any how Just fitted a new radio to my sons statesman and we had to drive (Sunday) to pick up the Radio up and the car is still 100% perfect!! yeah!!!!