Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help VT 2000 Supercharger misfire?

shadowatcher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT
We're all the wet plugs from the same side of the engine?

Have you checked for fault codes maybe O2 sensor causing over fueling.

Ran a test shows different mV and one not ready? I replaced 02 sensors not long ago :-/ could one be to wet with fuel?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Ok, no leakage from vac hose. Removed injectors and sprayed brake clean through them, i did notice when i shock the injectors i could hear a rattle but a couple had no rattle? Re installed injectors car ran abit better then started missing again with fuel running down the block and alot of fuel comeing out of exhust o_O. Injector failing?
dont take my word for it i know little about injectors and never shook one to see if it rattles but pretty sure they have a pintile inside them that opens and closes up and down like a valve operated by a solanoid the two that diddnt rattle could be stuck open maybe

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Ran a test shows different mV and one not ready? I replaced 02 sensors not long ago :-/ could one be to wet with fuel?

Are you using tuner pro for testing, if so are there any fault codes.

shadowatcher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT
Are you using tuner pro for testing, if so are there any fault codes.

Yeah I am there are no fault codes coming up, just looking at the data table the 02 sensors have different voltages and one sensor seem to be ready then not ready? But everything else appears ok.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Post up a log with the ADX your using.

Drummer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt L67
Hey.

Don`t do on HOT engine. Remove the fuel rail from manifold, leave the fuel lines on, injectors clipped in and wires on, when you turn key to on the fuel pump will run for 2 seconds, you should see No fuel come from injectors. it sounds like one of your injectors is stuck open, which will cause the fuel in exhaust and misfire.

shadowatcher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT
Hey.

Don`t do on HOT engine. Remove the fuel rail from manifold, leave the fuel lines on, injectors clipped in and wires on, when you turn key to on the fuel pump will run for 2 seconds, you should see No fuel come from injectors. it sounds like one of your injectors is stuck open, which will cause the fuel in exhaust and misfire.

Thank you will try that today

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
From your original post you said: "Replaced inlet gasket, re-kit injectors, flush cooling system. Now its misfireing and fuel appears to be running down the block by cylinder 1"
Unless you did something funny with the manifold gasket, my bet is odds on its the injector for number one cylinder.
Where exactly is the fuel coming from? It would have to be coming from the injector boss in the inlet manifiold? If so, it would have to be the O ring that's pinched/stuffed.
Dismantle the top 1/2 of the inlet manifold, remove fuel rail and double check the injectors. If you dont find anything that looks wrong (bad/damaged O rings etc) swap the injector from number one with another one. See how you go.

shadowatcher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT
Hey all, Just an update. Finally had the pennies to buy some new injectors decided to replace them all as figured be cheaper in the long run, all was good . Then I noticed puffs of white coming out of exhaust... Left over fuel?? And now have a coolant leak coming from the front of the engine some where . Any ideas?