Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well I have just asked to be invoiced for a filter kit from Derek in Norwood SA. Hopefully I can have it sent tomorrow if I can get onto paying it early in the morn while I'm at work. Going to have a chat with Merv Gray and see if they will warrant the pump without the invoice. Might say no but no harm in asking I guess.
They say once the corrosion starts and left to long no amount of flushing will ever stop it only choice is the filter system.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Nahh, it's fine as long as the threads are clean and it is applied properly.
I used parts cleaner after wire wheel the thread then heated it up to dry and still the rtv will not stay between thread and bolt just behind the bolt as a plug so it can let go and blow out under to much pressure or just leak, that's why they make thread seal or that 3J Loctite / MR 5923 renamed does the job its tacky and wont peel back like rtv. Try it with rtv and remove it the bolt is clean nothing between thread and bolt, try it with 3J its still sticky between bolt and thread giving it a better seal.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yep and I asked for more opinions because I wondered about that after you mentioned it. Apparently it will make little difference on the bearing and seal, unfortunately. I have found a gen pump on ePrey but it's from Lions Den. That bloke has bought up big on all the old discontinued stock and now makes a small fortune from selling his wares.
His the video I too was confused but once i seen the runout I removed it..

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
There was a picture on your other WP failure thread. Bearings had not been pressed in straight, you could clearly see the galling on the one side of the bore and a lip where the bearing ended up.
But that could be because of the fitting, runout on the pully can cause a bearing to self destruct so without knowing this then it could be user error.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That's interesting Trevor, think I will remove the spacer. The pump instructions in the box actually say to use the spacer if the car already has one fitted. It doesn't mention only needed on VN and probably only VN S1 at that. Mine had the spacer when I bought the car and I followed the instructions in the box the pump came with re the spacer. I will bin the spacer and see how I go.
I know mine said the same use the spacer, if you look at the diagram both pulleys have a centre hole but my pulley solid across the middle, this is why I think my old pulley was wobbling as it to had the spacer when I removed it, further the pulley away then more pressure on the bearing shaft not to mention the runout. Hope you get on top of it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Oops. Thought I had skipped all of yours. Fixed.