Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Done OIL change and now car has zero power and rattles on drivers side when pushing the pedal OMG !!!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hi guys
My 2007 Holden Omega VE problems seem to accumulate over time and here is the new one:

My mechanic changed the engine oil but unfortunately couldnt open oil filter assembly so couldnt change the oil filter... He treated it with ENGINE CLEAN product and then put new oil in. Engine idles kind of louder but not noticable too much.
What the problem is ,,,NOW engine has NO power ...its like driving a friggin diesel truck literally .... Confused with what the hell was happening I pushed it a bit harder on the road and it was LOUD as hell...and vibrating the seat like when one time before muffler broke off...

So I parked the car and started pushing throttle to hear how it sounds and to mu surprise i heard rattling sound( sounds like what those AMGs produce when they accelerate then take foot off the pedal...like farting sound) ...and that sound was coming from below drivers seat. It wasnt too cold also but when accelerating in park i saw white smoke coming from the exaust as well as some water dripping but only on left side exaust. Also there was kind of a smell (not burning smell but a smell, dont know how to describe it,,,not too strong but something was being heated up probably and producing it.)

Imagine how pissed off I am after spending $1200 on service (done wipers and errors reset etc) to get this piece of crap which I honestly dont feel is safe to drive. Mechanic is conviniently on holiday ATM and I cant wait 2 weeks to get my car checked out again nor can I afford it.

Any thoughts? What should I try to do or replace on my own? (Oil filter screw needs some techique in order to get it off...couldnt do in with long bar)

THANKS!
Jesus,,,, the oil filer cap is torqued to 25 nm. Your teeth should be able to lousing it and yet you mechanic put ENGINE CLEAN product in but you cant get the filter out. It reminds me of fools that drain the oil in the diff via the bottom plug on a VF and VE yet can cant loosen the top plug.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
It's unlikely missing the filter change and a flush has caused some sudden significant issue, unless it's an already trashed alloytec. It's not easy to block filter galleries short of malice in the combustion palace creating mcnuggets - you'd notice that. Those flush products don't get all that much out

Are you sure the dude put oil back in it? All hoses and connections back in their right place?

Also WTF kind of service costs $1200?
That half the price of a average 2007 Omega

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hey Fu, I think I saw someone else here make there own. But is it possible to cut a hatch hole in the rear seats where some of the models have them? Ie. right rear seat

I cut an access hole in the floor of mine after a pump change twice.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hey Fu, I think I saw someone else here make there own. But is it possible to cut a hatch hole in the rear seats where some of the models have them? Ie. right rear seat
It is but at the same time it’s like heart surgery. That plastic tank sits close to the metal. Using a power tool and accidentally cutting into a plastic fuel tank with lots of vapours waiting to go bang is not going to be fun.

A an air nibbler would be the ideal tool to do it. There’s a few threads on it with photos. Knowing where to cut is also tricky.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I cut an access in the floor of mine after a pump change twice.
It was you. I couldn’t recall if it was. You posted some good pics too.

You cutting the hole:

sweating-wet.gif

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
And I used a Nibbler, and worked well,
then Vac'd the cuttings up before I opened the tank

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Another job to add to the list. I have access to the tools needed, just gotta figure out where to cut and how far through I can go. Gonna dig up @krusing thread on it for when the time comes.

Just had my sub frame dropped and bushes replaced. Don't wanna have to go through all that again if I don't have to

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega gone SS
I have noticed some water droplets on the oil cap. Now Im affraid water is somehow found way into the engine. Radiator has a small leak which I fixed with that liquid copper product but in hinsight I should have raplaced the radiator but didnt have the money at the time, Puzzled why there are water droplets in the engine...if thats the case...looks like water and for sure aint oil.
1200 service got me oil change , 400 bucks wiper motor change, airbag light coming on fix, pink slip, 2 new tyres and bits and pieces like lightbulbs etc. More and more I think about it Im getting more pissed off at him for not changing the oil filter.
When radiator cap is open it bubbles I think but not a lot. Also my "friggin mate"" admitted to me that because of radiator leak he had car overheat on plenty of occasions , so he ahd to stop, wait to cool off and put water in to continue driving...idiot.
Either way , overheating or not car was running wihout these issues before it got to the mechanic. Check engine and contact dealer lights were there for a while too.
Also I didnt pay for the service . I got one of those no interest loans , I would never cash out 1200 to service this car even though I love it. Being a SS mockup doesnt help me give up too :(

Also got this reply on another thread... what do you think about this:
"You might just need your sump dropped if it has clogged up the pickup and galleries. Same thing happened with mine. Oil flush, hadn't been done in a while, it loosened up a heap of crud which blocked the pickup, started shitting itself at 3,000rpm getting low oil pressure and alerts on the dash."
IMG_8048web.jpg

Last edited: