Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Brakes on a VE...

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
Are these the same as Brembo? I'm just a wee bit too far to inspect in person and Holden's do not exist here, so I gotta ask.

I've seen pics on a VE and they are marked "HSV". On a VF, I see "Brembo". Are they the same just labelled differently? I've got a line on "Brembo's" off a 2010 Camaro and wondering if they are the same as HSV's....

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
HSV's use AP Racing brakes, similar to Brembo, but not actually the same.
Although AP is now owned by Brembo.

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Are these the same as Brembo? I'm just a wee bit too far to inspect in person and Holden's do not exist here, so I gotta ask.

I've seen pics on a VE and they are marked "HSV". On a VF, I see "Brembo". Are they the same just labelled differently? I've got a line on "Brembo's" off a 2010 Camaro and wondering if they are the same as HSV's....
Fyi, the cts v v2 brembos fit on commodores, i did that conversion to mine as it was half the price vs redline brembos

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
The first 2 pics were taken sometime in Jan/Feb of this year (2022), this is when I was doing the front brakes...

The car has been sitting on stands since then & I've just done the rear's (rotors & calipers) only last week.

Yes I know I've been lazy, please excuse the rust on the rotors, it's only superficial.

Yes, the front bar, guards & side skirts are missing too, just waiting (again) to finish off the E1 HSV parts in the Phantom Black 690F.
The car is getting a FULL HSV body kit (rear bar & all)

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0780.jpeg
    IMG_0780.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    583.3 KB · Views: 70

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
The first 2 pics were taken sometime in Jan/Feb of this year (2022), this is when I was doing the front brakes...

The car has been sitting on stands since then & I've just done the rear's (rotors & calipers) only last week.

Yes I know I've been lazy, please excuse the rust on the rotors, it's only superficial.

Yes, the front bar, guards & side skirts are missing too, just waiting (again) to finish off the E1 HSV parts in the Phantom Black 690F.
The car is getting a FULL HSV body kit (rear bar & all)
We need to donate you a good car jack hahaha

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
We need to donate you a good car jack hahaha
I can definitely agree to that.

I've since purchased them 2 Tonne aluminium low profile jacks, the standard one is horrific.