Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's broken?

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
We had the Bridgestone Turanza’s before that, and they lasted 60,000ks, although they were a bit harsher than the Sport 4s.

snicklefritz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute Series III
We had the Bridgestone Turanza’s before that, and they lasted 60,000ks, although they were a bit harsher than the Sport 4s.
I was looking at the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus as they are currently buy 3 get one free.

Just waiting for the local store to get back to me with a price.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was looking at the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus as they are currently buy 3 get one free.

Just waiting for the local store to get back to me with a price.

They can't give you a price on the spot?

This means they are full of it.....

A tyre place that wants a sale, gives an on the spot price....None of this jerking round stuff

snicklefritz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute Series III
Usually I would agree with that sentiment but they are closed today.

Should get a response to my quote request tomorrow morning.

Edit: I am getting annoyed having to "contact for price" at most businesses these days though. Why is it so hard to list the price on your website?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Usually I would agree with that sentiment but they are closed today.

Should get a response to my quote request tomorrow morning.

Edit: I am getting annoyed having to "contact for price" at most businesses these days though. Why is it so hard to list the price on your website?

Because you get the best response by ringing or going through their front doors....

snicklefritz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute Series III
Because you get the best response by ringing or going through their front doors....
I used to be like this but nowadays I like to shop around online and then contact the business with the best price (or most convenient location).

Unfortunately my recent exeperiences have been that if I have to ask the price, it's not going to be competitive.

Also, I have had some businesses almost get annoyed that I would drop in and try and get a quote because they were "too busy". I'm not going to name drop, but I walked into one of the big chain mechanics to get a rough estimate for the clutch work I recently got done and was told that they were too busy and I should email them for a quote?

What's up with that?

Maybe I'm just unlucky.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I used to be like this but nowadays I like to shop around online and then contact the business with the best price (or most convenient location).

Unfortunately my recent exeperiences have been that if I have to ask the price, it's not going to be competitive.

Also, I have had some businesses almost get annoyed that I would drop in and try and get a quote because they were "too busy". I'm not going to name drop, but I walked into one of the big chain mechanics to get a rough estimate for the clutch work I recently got done and was told that they were too busy and I should email them for a quote?

What's up with that?

Maybe I'm just unlucky.
Don't know how you can say, you can't get a competitive price, by talking to them?

By talking to them, you can use that price to bargain with at another store

Being in the trade, I know it's a common occurrance.....

You also generally get the best price from the speciality dealer....ie in your instance wanting Bridgestone, go through a B select franchise because they have a better buying price.

Oh and don't discount Mycar....They guarantee to beat prices if they sell the same tyre....

So stick that in the memory bank

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Methinks engine mounts...for tyres whatever is legal as long as kind of know/pronounce the brand lol

snicklefritz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute Series III
Don't know how you can say, you can't get a competitive price, by talking to them?

By talking to them, you can use that price to bargain with at another store

Being in the trade, I know it's a common occurrance.....

You also generally get the best price from the speciality dealer....ie in your instance wanting Bridgestone, go through a B select franchise because they have a better buying price.

Oh and don't discount Mycar....They guarantee to beat prices if they sell the same tyre....

So stick that in the memory bank
I'm not trying to argue with you, so please don't take it the wrong way but I can only speak from recent experience.

I remember like 5 - 10 years ago, I could just go to my local supplier of whatever I wanted and have a chat and generally get a reasonable price and could trust their opinion on whatever they thought I needed but nowadays I try that and I'm treated like a nuisance or get quoted a fairly uncompetitive price almost as if to get me to bugger off or told I should "request a quote" through their website.

Maybe it's the way I look? I dunnno, but I like to support local businesses where I can even if they are a little above the competition in price but I don't understand why getting a price needs to be so complicated in the first place.

For services I can understand, labour etc varies place to place but for goods, what's the harm in listing the price publicly on your website? Why do I need to contact you to get a price?

Back to tyres, I do mostly country driving (90% > 80/kmh) but I also about 10% of the time drive on unsealed roads. Mostly red dirt/gravel but sometimes badly corrugated limestone (one of the reasons I want the suspension looked at)? I don't need a "performance" street tyre, is their any benefit in spending $1000 for set of "premium" tyres over say something budget like the Diamondback DH201's at around $520 for a set?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm not trying to argue with you, so please don't take it the wrong way but I can only speak from recent experience.

I remember like 5 - 10 years ago, I could just go to my local supplier of whatever I wanted and have a chat and generally get a reasonable price and could trust their opinion on whatever they thought I needed but nowadays I try that and I'm treated like a nuisance or get quoted a fairly uncompetitive price almost as if to get me to bugger off or told I should "request a quote" through their website.

Maybe it's the way I look? I dunnno, but I like to support local businesses where I can even if they are a little above the competition in price but I don't understand why getting a price needs to be so complicated in the first place.

For services I can understand, labour etc varies place to place but for goods, what's the harm in listing the price publicly on your website? Why do I need to contact you to get a price?

Back to tyres, I do mostly country driving (90% > 80/kmh) but I also about 10% of the time drive on unsealed roads. Mostly red dirt/gravel but sometimes badly corrugated limestone (one of the reasons I want the suspension looked at)? I don't need a "performance" street tyre, is their any benefit in spending $1000 for set of "premium" tyres over say something budget like the Diamondback DH201's at around $520 for a set?

If somewhere said to me, got to go online to get a quote, my response would be, go get fucked...

I do work in the tyre industry and the only email quoting we get is from big businesses, with multiple vehicles....Otherwise, it's always walk and phone ins....

So why you're getting those responses is beyond me...

Listing prices on a website isn't really good.....You have specials come up through suppliers, discontinued patterns being cleared, just for starters.....So if it is listed on a site and all of a sudden you get a special crop up and you forget to update the website, all of a sudden you have the tyres listed at the wrong price and a few pissed off customers as a result