Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss twin charged not starting

monks010

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss supercharged twin turbo
hi guys . I'm not a mechanic but know enough about cars to usually get me out of trouble but I'm stumped on this . I just got my ss back with a magnison supercharger installed it all has twin turbo. Bit ridiculous I know but never the less it's my car . It started when I got it off the tow truck a week ago . And been sitting in the driveway since .I started it once . It's having issue ss with blowing smoke coz there is oil getting in to the turbo due to being sitting in drive way for 3 years with no licence so needs a oil change but went to start it today and it will not fire up . So I took out the spark plugs checked the spark in a each coil pack and spark plug . There is spark I didn't think it was enough but there was definitely spark. . I tool the fuel inlet hose off there is definitely fuel priming into the rails . But I am not seeing any thing register on the the fuel pressure reg gauge. So this concerns be . But apart from that it just turns over but won't fire any ideas on what else to try and look at ?

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
Who fitted the charger? did they not run it after the install........ any pics of setup. Spray some start you bastard up it, if it starts it needs fuel.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
fuel sitting for 3 years isnt going to be good prob gummed up injectors and reg

monks010

Reaction score
Members Ride
fuel sitting for 3 years isnt going to be good prob gummed up injectors and reg
No they put new fuel in it . They may have even put e85 in it which might explain it. The injectors were brand new with the sc

monks010

Reaction score
Members Ride
Who fitted the charger? did they not run it after the install........ any pics of setup. Spray some start you bastard up it, if it starts it needs fuel.
They ran it but it was blowing heaps of smoke due to the oil going straight into the turbos . I got it back on the trailer dripping oil out bottom . Which I was not impressed with . Thr development did the install . They ran it but couldn't tune it coz they said they had never done one before . So I basically paid them 20k to install a supercharger that I supplied . And sent it back to me with the same problem it had before it got installed but this time with a supercharger and new fuel pump and lines . And start ya bastard is exactly what I was going to try next

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
They ran it but it was blowing heaps of smoke due to the oil going straight into the turbos . I got it back on the trailer dripping oil out bottom . Which I was not impressed with . Thr development did the install . They ran it but couldn't tune it coz they said they had never done one before . So I basically paid them 20k to install a supercharger that I supplied . And sent it back to me with the same problem it had before it got installed but this time with a supercharger and new fuel pump and lines . And start ya bastard is exactly what I was going to try next
Can you get to the turbos by hand and see if they spin at all

monks010

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can you get to the turbos by hand and see if they spin at all
Yeah I haven't taken the air pods off the turbo yet . But I need too coz that's where all the oil is coming from . Il do that today

monks010

Reaction score
Members Ride
So low mount turbos with an oil return pump issue that needs to be sorted first.
The scavenger pump is working . But coz the car was sitting there for 3 1/2 years coz I haven't had a licence . I'm guessing the seals might be gone in the turbos . Even thi they were freshly rebuilt before I lost my licence

monks010

Reaction score
Members Ride
The scavenger pump is working . But coz the car was sitting there for 3 1/2 years coz I haven't had a licence . I'm guessing the seals might be gone in the turbos . Even thi they were freshly rebuilt before I lost my licence
Took the pods off . There is a little bit of oil inside the turbo . So I carburetta cleaned that out . Tried start ya bastard thinking that would surely get it to fire but no .