Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VF EDI installation?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I’m not familiar with what hsv’s actually got it

All E3 cars (except maybe Maloo, but I could be wrong) had EDI as standard, Senator certainly did (see link below). If it's not activating for whatever reason, a trip to Holden/HSV may be needed, if you can find one of course.. Have you tried inserting the disc to see what happens? As far as I am aware, it carries the software needed to run the system, so by inserting it it may just cause the system to reboot?

I know in my F2 Senator, the option (ie button) for EDI was on the central display from new, but it was non-functional until I had EDI retrofitted as indicated earlier in this thread.

https://www.hsv.com.au/classics/?Series=E3&Model=SenatorSignature

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey guys, hoping someone could help me out. I just bought a e3 senator and it has the USB port and came with the analysis disc but when I press the edi button on the steering wheel it comes up with phone Bluetooth trying to connect. I’m not familiar with what hsv’s actually got it and if they all have the the usb and disc but still needs to be programmed but I thought having the edi button would mean it came out with ? Any help would be great
EDI would be standard on an E3 Senator, GTS and R8 Clubbies and Maloo's.
Try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to do a master reset of the electrical system.

The Analysis disc is for installing the Motec software on a PC/laptop, so you can analyze logged data from the car's Motec module via a usb drive.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
The Analysis disc is for installing the Motec software on a PC/laptop, so you can analyze logged data from the car's Motec module via a usb drive.

Well there you go, you learn something new every day. I figured it was similar to the early E series GPS system which was CD based as well.

David1208

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 senator
I will definitely try to reset it and if not go to holden/hsv but I just thought it was weird that the edi button brings up phone Bluetooth on the screen ….. it does the same thing as my ss with the phone button which is that same button on the ss steering wheel

LSA555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 clubby
Hi mate,

The port is on the ‘roof’ of the glovebox area closest to the HVAC side. It was a bit difficult to get pics as the car is parked in a way which makes access to the passenger side a bit difficult, but hope these give you the idea :)

And as you can see the software is still loaded via CD lol, would have thought the plug may have done double duty for that job too..
Do have a photo where the edi bracket is mounted to?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do have a photo where the edi bracket is mounted to?
Remove the glovebox and look up under the dash where the glovebox sits.

LSA555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 clubby
Remove the glovebox and look up under the dash where the glovebox sits.
I’ve done almost everything. I just can’t find where the holes are to mount the bracket for the EDI
Do you know or have any
Hi mate,

The port is on the ‘roof’ of the glovebox area closest to the HVAC side. It was a bit difficult to get pics as the car is parked in a way which makes access to the passenger side a bit difficult, but hope these give you the idea :)

And as you can see the software is still loaded via CD lol, would have thought the plug may have done double duty for that job too..
do you have any photos of where the holes are to mount the EDI bracket?
Having a hard time

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I’ve done almost everything. I just can’t find where the holes are to mount the bracket for the EDI
Do you know or have any

do you have any photos of where the holes are to mount the EDI bracket?
Having a hard time
I didn't take pics when I accessed mine, just removed the harness plug to mod 1 wire.
Unsure how the Motec module was mounted, as I didn't have to remove it.
Do you have the EDI harness already installed?

LSA555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 clubby
I didn't take pics when I accessed mine, just removed the harness plug to mod 1 wire.
Unsure how the Motec module was mounted, as I didn't have to remove it.
Do you have the EDI harness already installed?
Yes edi harness installed from factory