Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What’s my car worth?

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
I'm going to tow a van with it and punch out maybe 30000 KLM so I'm very happy it happened now. One can expect this at 200 K up. Next will be alternator or water pump. Normal stuff innit.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What’s with water pumps now?? No matter the brand, if you get a couple of years out of them, you’ve done ok. What a pain in the arse.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Gen are the only decent water pumps now.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Thanks ................ great video and road test by motor noters who knew their job and could drive. :)

It is a shame that now we put **** onto both the Sigma and Camaira which were both more than adequate back in the day, and we have journalists who just parrot the sales blurb and rave about cup holders and touch screens in imported vehicles that wouldn't hack it.
But the roads are much better now than then, and Birdsville looks very different after 40 years..

Russell Coight and the Mitsi EV which they plug into a post at Dead Dingo Creek ? Tell him he's dreamin'.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I used to have a GH Sigma SE back in the day, it was the second car I’d bought after my Datsun 1600. It was cheap to buy and cheap to own, not least because fuel was cheap at the time.

The 2.6L engine was more that adequate and the plush interior of the SE was worlds away from the Datsun 1600, although in that era even the SE didn’t get you aircon.

She ended up at the wreckers after I drove up to Bribie Island for the day and the left rear brake calliper seized partially on.

The left rear brake was hot when I checked it at Bribie but I decided I had to try and drive it back as I couldn’t afford a tow back to Laidley where I was living at the time.

The left rear brakes aluminium backing plate finally snapped and locked the left rear wheel at Caboolture and the car slid sideways into the gutter at 60kph, with me counter steering to keep it straight instead of back end sliding out.

She was only a few hundred dollar car in the first place so it was uneconomical to tow it back home so got a scrap towie to pick it up and take it to the local wreckers.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
water pump on the old Berlina started leaking through weep holes even though there was no visible corrosion. it was only a few years old

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
water pump on the old Berlina started leaking through weep holes even though there was no visible corrosion. it was only a few years old
What brand? You did well if aftermarket.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
thats what happens when you install cheap after market parts even so most people get 5 years out of them. if you only intend on keeping the car 2 or 3 years why would you buy genuine parts? When an old car is for sale its not because its a good car is it?

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
thats what happens when you install cheap after market parts even so most people get 5 years out of them. if you only intend on keeping the car 2 or 3 years why would you buy genuine parts? When an old car is for sale its not because its a good car is it?
I was going through GMB and Gates pumps every six months.