Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
My insurance is due now and has gone up from last year.

Rating one no one under 40 driving my car.

Budget Direct $1601
Alliance $2505.32
AAMI $2999.71

Why is my insurance so expensive. Car is driven up to 20k Kms per year and garaged....
shorten the time u can drive it if u can, some form of recreational setting ? instead of being classed as a daylie

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
shorten the time u can drive it if u can, some form of recreational setting ? instead of being classed as a daylie
Mine is a daily. The other car is not.

GIO was about $1,753

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Budget Direct $1601
Alliance $2505.32
AAMI $2999.71

Why is my insurance so expensive. Car is driven up to 20k Kms per year and garaged....

07GTS is right.

I didn't think to mention my vehicle on my policy is listed as being garaged at night, it is for private use, it isn't used to commute to work or school and does less than 5,000km per year.

Plus, I haven't had an at fault claim or traffic infringement since Adam was a boy.

The Ute is my primary driven vehicle , but so are some others to a bit lesser extent.

There is a $50 discount because my CTP is also with GIO.

My excess goes up to $1400 if an unnamed or under 25 driver is behind the wheel during an accident.

As a reference, AAMI wanted to charge me, $1,571.99 with the same details.

Location also plays a part, it is cheaper to insurance my vehicles on the NSW Central Coast than it is to ensure them in Sydney.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Mine is a daily. The other car is not.

GIO was about $1,753
try Lumbleys i find them good and im on the max performance setting to so u should be under 1k easy if ur basically stock with a couple mods

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Budget Direct $1601
Alliance $2505.32
AAMI $2999.71

I've been comparing quotes (online and not for my VE) recently between RACWA (current insurer) and other options.

While RACWA quotes are certainly more expensive that say 12 months ago, I have found that the east coast based insurers are all a number of multiples of any RACWA quote.

I am assuming they are recouping the extensive losses they have incurred due to all the east coast natural disasters in recent years that RACWA hasn't been exposed to.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
try Lumbleys i find them good and im on the max performance setting to so u should be under 1k easy if ur basically stock with a couple mods
Lumleys were considerably more than Shannons last time I vaguely considered them … are they still around?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Lumleys were considerably more than Shannons last time I vaguely considered them … are they still around?
ive been with them since i first modded the GTS prob 7 or so years ago, this years was bout $1700 and that is for GTS with performance mods (bout 300 extra i think) and my daylie cruze and my old corolla, this year im driving the GTS more so im paying for more days as last time when i wasnt driving it as much it was about 1200 for all 3 vehicles, it also helps if ur in a car club like Vic HSV club, or i even mentioned i was on the car forums they seemed to like so must be better if they know ur a car person

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Budget Direct $1601
Alliance $2505.32
AAMI $2999.71
What a joke this is, AAMI the worst insurance company guaranteed to result in crap repair jobs from their substandard panel shops are the most expensive! Allianz is one of the BEST for choice of repairer and approving quality repairs and they're cheaper than AAMI. Budget Direct are as bad as AAMI but at least you save $900 in premium for a crap repair job if that works for you!

Don't worry about premium cost too much with a nice car because what will screw you over harder than a higher premium with choice of repairer policy, is a crap repair job that'll ruin your previously nice car!

Last edited:

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
I've been comparing quotes (online and not for my VE) recently between RACWA (current insurer) and other options.

While RACWA quotes are certainly more expensive that say 12 months ago, I have found that the east coast based insurers are all a number of multiples of any RACWA quote.

I am assuming they are recouping the extensive losses they have incurred due to all the east coast natural disasters in recent years that RACWA hasn't been exposed to.
Yeah ive been with RAC on and off over the years, currently back with them at the moment as the least worst option right now

Biggest issue I had with them was they were asleep at the wheel in responding to the soaring replacement values on aussie V8's during the covid market craziness from 2020 on ...

E.g. I had my FG GT insured with them and they flat out refused to ensure it for more than 38K or something cos on paper it was just a FG falcon - max replacement value 38k - ridiculous

So after 25+ years with RAC i pretty much had no choice but to switch over to Shannon's who are/were more in tune with the changing market - which was all gravy for a couple of years until they started jacking up the premiums regardless of claim history etc. - they quoted me a %20 jump without explanation - adios amigos

At this point its just a year by year proposition - loyalty is a long gone factor

Checking RAC agreed values today even now the most they will ensure for a VF SSV ute is 35K which is still below replacement value for a low K manual example.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What a joke this is, AAMI the worst insurance company guaranteed to result in crap repair jobs from their substandard panel shops are the most expensive! Alliance is one of the BEST for choice of repairer and approving quality repairs and they're cheaper than AAMI. Budget Direct are as bad as AAMI but at least you save $900 in premium for a crap repair job if that works for you!
Is there an “Alliance” as well as Allianz, or was that a typo?

At this point its just a year by year proposition - loyalty is a long gone factor
Oh yeah, with you on that, that was me by the late 90’s.
My current situation means I’ve been with Shannons for close to 20 years now, but only ‘cos they’ve consistently been the cheapest for my insurance-needs who’ll actually pay a claim & give me a choice of repairer - not because I’ve got any sense of loyalty to Suncorp.

Last edited: