Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I prefer the boy car smell. Passengers may have a different opinion.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
My wife is one of those don't care people, sort of.. Yes she loves the ve, tolerates the ute and won't drive the vh. However she would be just as happy driving a corolla or any car for that matter. As long as it gets her from point a to point b with no fuss then she is happy.
Same with my missus.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Upped camp at New Norfolk this morning and took a leisurely drive to Bicheno, via Richmond, (had to laugh, got breathalysed in Richmond on the way out) Orford, Triabunna, and Swansea. Was just over 200 Ks, with some challenging winding roads.

A brief experience before leaving the New Norfolk Camp which I'm sure most sane and self-respecting people wouldn't want to have to go through, and on the back of my encounter with a toilet bowl and seat that looked like it had been pebble-dashed with Willy Wonka’s reject chocolates just yesterday, was when I went into the only toilet cubicle available this morning out of the two, to be confronted by the occupier of the other cubicle trying to engage me in conversation by referring to the women outside the toilet block who were talking to each other, as ‘cackling hens’ whilst no doubt wiping his arse. He then rambled on saying “f@#king women have nothing better to do other than to cackle on about nothing.
In the meantime, I was totally put off my sole purpose for being in there and was now losing the momentum I had gained with my usual early coffee, to the point that I just wanted to pull up my pants and get the feck out of there.
Alas, after having listened to my sh1thouse neighbour grunting and huffing whilst pulling up his strides, fastening his belt and still rambling on like it was a conversation over the garden fence, he finally flushed the toilet and declared in loud voice, “Well that's the best part of me gone” to which I responded, “you're not f@#king wrong there mate!” only to then listen to him open the outside door and leave the building without even washing his hands! THE F@#KING DIRTY BASTARD! Probably the same dirty bastard who shat all over the seat the day before.

The pic of those wanky looking buildings is a development that has been opposed for years and is now obviously going ahead on the foreshore of Bicheno. There will be fourteen of these so-called ‘eco-friendly’ holiday units plus two double-storey ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0281.jpeg
    IMG_0281.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 32

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Agree, but my comments were more around what they will go for. The reason why V8s command greater prices is because they are more desirable. Sure lots of people just want something cheap and will drive a Kia. But for something to hold more value there has to be something desirable about it. It would be interesting time ahead because I don't know that a high end Tesla would necessarily be very sought after when it's 10 years old, which is when we will see more people able to afford SH EVs.

I got a 2018 i30 nline in December 2020 for $26,000. Sold it January 2024 for $25,000.
Wish I had of got the i30N, They've gone up in price

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
For all those EV/BV lovers, the ultimate ute is here.

The E Ute has arrived in the form of a Ford F150.
It is called Lightening.
Just what all the tradies and grey nomads need.

Prices start around $225,000.00 + onroads
or for the upmarket version just $255,000.00
or you can get a few extras and pay just $280,000.00 drive away.

It can carry 1 tonne in the tray and pull 4.5 tonnes behind it, however
it will only pull a 3.2 tonne caravan for less than 150 k's before it runs out of puff.
So it would probably be wise to factor in the cost of a generator in the tray as well.

But without any extra weight it will go from 0 to 100 kph in about 4 seconds.
Wonder what the top speed is before sparks appear.??

Information reprinted without the permission of the Courier Mail.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
For all those EV/BV lovers, the ultimate ute is here.

The E Ute has arrived in the form of a Ford F150.
It is called Lightening.
Just what all the tradies and grey nomads need.

Prices start around $225,000.00 + onroads
or for the upmarket version just $255,000.00
or you can get a few extras and pay just $280,000.00 drive away.

It can carry 1 tonne in the tray and pull 4.5 tonnes behind it, however
it will only pull a 3.2 tonne caravan for less than 150 k's before it runs out of puff.
So it would probably be wise to factor in the cost of a generator in the tray as well.

But without any extra weight it will go from 0 to 100 kph in about 4 seconds.
Wonder what the top speed is before sparks appear.??

Information reprinted without the permission of the Courier Mail.

Is it actually here? The last I read on the Ford website was that there was ‘no news’ on its arrival in Australia.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
clowns trying to short sell Tesla just got roasted. +13% after hours. what they don't realise is a lot of fund managers want it in their portfolio and at this price, it's a bargain.

Last edited:

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
for a lot of people, $1500 a month to lease a car is probably cheaper than car loan interest, insurance, maintenance etc (not sure what costs you as an owner have to pay, but there would be some). Many companies won't even touch you unless your "net income" is $80,000+