Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
His wife was at work ;)
Not sure if you should feel privileged or disgusted that given the choice of finishing the job at hand...or coming out to talk to you he chose the latter...

Hopefully he didn't shake your hand ;)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Spent the day yesterday wandering around Bicheno and surrounds, they've made a few improvements down at the wharf since we were last here. The Lobster Shack fish and chip place down on Waubs Esplanade has been revamped and extended. However, the fish and chips were not a patch on the last time we came here. It seems pop-up microbreweries and gin distilleries are a feature of most Tassie towns now. I don't mind a beer, so that's fine:), but the prices!:(.

Early start to the day today, with the Bicheno dawn service, breakfast, and then off to St Helens and Binalong Bay. In St Helens, I saw this guy rock up in the wharf carpark in the car in the pic below and I got talking to him. He was a car collector. The pink car was a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria from the US. My pics are crap and don't do it justice, as it was immaculate. The colour was an original colour, and the spare wheel was an accessory you could purchase when the car was built. Although the owner told me it wasn't on there when he bought the car some seven years ago, but decided to get one.

Now, listen to this. The guy told me he had several older cars which he had collected including an HR Holden which his mum owned, and a WB Ute which his dad owned. Now here’s the kicker, he told me although he was a Ford man, he was sad to hear that Holden were shutting up shop and that he then went in search of a VF V8 and couldn't get one anywhere. He mentioned it to his son who came back to him a couple of days later saying he'd found one for him. He now has a SS V8 Ute up on the hoist with only 1200 ks on the clock:)

Nice man by the name of Willy, lives near Cadbury’s chocolate factory.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0285.jpeg
    IMG_0285.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0287.jpeg
    IMG_0287.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 25

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nope cos I was holding his dog , that's DOG . But for future reference I'll have to watch him when he does some home renovations to see what hand he holds his hammer in.

Ah ha, but he might change......Nah, won't go there... :)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ah ha, but he might change......Nah, won't go there... :)
Ha ha , funny thing , when we were talking I asked if he was Dutch. He said yes can you tell by my accent. I said no it's cos you are wearing clogs. He had about 5 pairs at the front door.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Took a drive from Bicheno to Coles Bay today. Once again, the weather has been fantastic with not a cloud in the sky and a top of 18 degrees. Had a lovely walk around the bay after a coffee, and then walked back to have the best fish and chips down by the boat ramp, followed by a salted caramel ice cream:)
Since being in Tassie, I've noticed plenty of Chinese MG cars. I believe most of them are hire cars, given they have a sticker on the petrol cap denoting what type of fuel should be used:)
About three years ago when we were last here, it was extremely difficult and expensive to hire a car, and most of the hire companies had gotten rid of their fleets due to Covid. It seems now, that they have replenished their fleets with mainly cheap Chinese stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 22

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
IMG_8567.jpeg

It’s been a minute since I drove a bench seat column shift :p

It’s a bit of a novelty!

Might make the daughter jump in and move it for me later, see if she can work it out without instruction :D

I can see the look on her face already :p:D

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Move that washer from the dash :eek: