Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What rwhp are you making?

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
107.9kw (145hp approx) at wheels.
202 EFI after market spark and injection comp. 208 duration cam, roller rockers, 2.5" exhaust, stock VK efi extractors and manifolds as well as stock bottom end.
Though during the tune i noticed one of the runs flash upto 110kw at the wheels.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
At the moment, mine isn't super powerful. More power on petrol though. The bottom of the motor is very good, cylinder heads good. Just need to change my cam, lifters and chain. I am still happy enough driving around in a car that is more powerful than many rice cars out there.

V

VH_Crusin

Probably about 50kw as the engine cant redline itself on gas while in neutral lol

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
Stuff knows how much the old girl makes!. Factory it made 125 flywheel kW(168hp). So using the old saying say 20-30% drive train loss it would make 90-100 rwkW(130-140rwhp). But the motor has had a tickle, ported heads, mild cam(i think towing type cam) redline single plane manifold and 600 Vac Sec carby. Also extractors/sports zorst. I haven't had it on a dyno yet. One day i will get it on there.

I just read this and i thought i mighjt quickly comment, just as a guide, the tow cam (low rev range cam) isnt the right combo with your single plane manifold, you'd probably go harder with a stock manifold, but better yet, go a dual plane with your holley and mild cam, a single plane is for revs, tow cams arent...

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
132hp at wheels with a 202, VK EFI, worked head and cam, upgraded bottom end exhaust etc, in a Torana ... since that dyno its had a few upgrades, so im guessing by the feel of it that it might be pushing 140hp at wheels ...

never run it down the quarter, would love to!! but i'd pe pissed if it wasn't in the 14's.

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
Yes my 173 powered VB puts out 325 rwhp and does 8 second quarters. I know this because according to my mate, his one puts out 300rwhp and does 10 second quarters. His is standard where as mine has a set of extractors so it must have 25 more HP and be 2 seconds quicker down the Quarter mile.

Last edited:

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
Yes my 173 powered VB puts out 325 rwhp and does 8 second quarters. I know this because according to my mate, his one puts out 300rwhp and does 10 second quarters. His is standard where as mine has a set of extractors so it must have 25 more HP and be 2 seconds quicker down the Quarter mile.
What's your mate been smokin???

glassfork

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

eek?

quarter or 0 - 100?

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI