Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modern Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.

U121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S1
ARE TODAYS MUSLIMS EVEN AWARE OF WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN
the fundamentals believe they are... and those are the only true danger... but the same can be said for any religion.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I seriously don't see what all the fuss is here. People have twisted around the original topic and turned it into a shitfight. Now my interpretation of Minux' original post is that he is trying to encourage non- muslim Australians to educate themselves about Islam, the religion practised by Muslims. He is suggesting that as a multicultural society we get to know a little bit about our fellow Australians. Furthermore in educating ourselves we can then form educated, informed opinions without the bias of media or misguided individuals who call themselves Muslim.

I also feel we are having the wool pulled over our eyes, a significant part of the Muslim community are hiding behind their religion. They make excuses for certain behaviours and attitudes because of their religion, but it has nothing to do with their religion, moreso their culture, their history, their upbringing and their ignorance. Most Australians know so little about the Muslim faith that they just accept what they are told by the media or other people as being right.

People have mentioned that this is just a problem with extremist fundamental Muslims. I disagree, the fact that this Sheik has received such strong support by his followers and not been stood down is a pretty good indication that plenty of other Muslims share his sentiments which liken women to uncovered meat. Having preached this rubbish he should be stood down, this isn't what Islam is about. It appears that he is preaching his words and his opinion as 'gospel' and many Muslims out there are acepting his words without making their own interpretations and conclusions of the Koran.

I think Minux is so right here if we all learnt a bit about the Islam faith we would have half a clue what the religion is about we would know what is acceptable and unacceptable in their religion. Suprisingly it is very similar in many ways to Christianity. Statistically Christianity is the most popular faith in Australia, and most of us have half a clue what Christians are on about, and what is acceptable and unacceptable in this faith. We are able to say 'this is not right, the bible does not teach this' about the disgusting acts of child molestation that have occured in the Catholic Church and then hold those responsible accountable. Compare this to the sheiks recent comments, how many Australians can say "hang on this isn't right, this goes against the Koran"?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Julie, thank you so much, finally someone who understands what i am saying. It is funny how others have turned this into a shitfight when the original post had nothing to do with what religion people believe in.

Darren thanks for the trims :)

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I agree on the point you are making Minux that we should try to understand the religion before condemning it. However with the points that you are making it sounds like a lot of the followers of the muslim faith have not adhered strictly to the doctrine. One has to wonder if either some things are lost in translation or these leaders are teaching their own version.

cameltoe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais
personally i find it offensive when ppl start carrying on about religion.

if someone migrates to this country and becomes a legal citizen they take an oath to uphold australian values and blah blah blah. i have no problems with ppl being muslim, islamic, morman or what ever but don't start preaching it to my face as a the outcome may be deemed offensive.
you live in this country you follow our way of life. as the old saying goes when in rome do as the romans do.
take a look at history......... almost every war has started has done so because of religion.
now where in any scripture does it say it's ok to go out and murder inocent ppl because they don't think the same way as you? it doesn't. how is it possible that there are so many gods that all did the same thing ? i mean we have jesus that is just sooooo wonderful, alah (sp) that is the claimed one and only god....... it's a load of horse **** ppl.

call me racist, a redneck or what ever you like but if you don't want to live here the way real australians have done since the first fleet settled here there are plenty of flights out.i would accept their way of life if i moved to middle eastern country so why can't they do the same for us.

yes i do have a red neck.........it's a fact of life living in the top end. you cant help but get sun burnt

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Seems my post got deleted. Bit unfair seeing I only brought up Christianity simply because I was replying to Minux's post which had comments about Christianity in it!!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
personally i find it offensive when ppl start carrying on about religion.

if someone migrates to this country and becomes a legal citizen they take an oath to uphold australian values and blah blah blah. i have no problems with ppl being muslim, islamic, morman or what ever but don't start preaching it to my face as a the outcome may be deemed offensive.
you live in this country you follow our way of life. as the old saying goes when in rome do as the romans do.
take a look at history......... almost every war has started has done so because of religion.
now where in any scripture does it say it's ok to go out and murder inocent ppl because they don't think the same way as you? it doesn't. how is it possible that there are so many gods that all did the same thing ? i mean we have jesus that is just sooooo wonderful, alah (sp) that is the claimed one and only god....... it's a load of horse **** ppl.

call me racist, a redneck or what ever you like but if you don't want to live here the way real australians have done since the first fleet settled here there are plenty of flights out.i would accept their way of life if i moved to middle eastern country so why can't they do the same for us.
For the record, i do not believe in religion.

yes i do have a red neck.........it's a fact of life living in the top end. you cant help but get sun burnt

You seem very uneducated. you want to live like real australians? Like the first fleet ENGLISH people? Sorry bud but you do realise that aboriginals are the true australians don't you? Mind me seeing all your documented evidence on religion starting wars? Most wars are started by a bad leader who BELIEVES in a religion, that does not make it the religion that caused the war.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
You seem very uneducated. you want to live like real Australians? Like the first fleet ENGLISH people? Sorry bud but you do realise that aboriginals are the true Australians don't you?

lol, I'll agree with you there, Cameltoe Alah is the Arabic word for God. Just like other religions you assume this higher being to be great. Ever seen one of those evangelical TV shows?

Minux all i been trying to point out that is there are people that like to use differences (one being religion) in people to single them out. I took your post as trying to do that. I do agree that there are leaders out there that preach their interpretation of the "Holy book", but this isn't limited to Islam IMO.

Julie, what was said about women being uncovered meat was a stupid comment and he was automatically condemned by the Muslim committee (sorry cant remember what this organisation is called) and I believe he has actually stepped down for the moment after pressure from the Muslim community. But you have to remember there are religious leaders that make stupid comments, like the Catholic church and their comments about gay people. Like em or hate them they have the same civil rights in this country. But i know it isn't the same level as implying that women bring rape on themselves.

padrickz88 your pretty much right on the money with the fact that Islam rates women higher than men, the hi-jab doesn't have to be worn all I believe it implies to dress appropriately. Didn't know about the arranged marriage one so thanks for that. Also as far as I understood there were like 7 levels of hell and it's so easy to go to hell it isn't funny.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
lpadrickz88 your pretty much right on the money with the fact that Islam rates women higher than men, the hi-jab doesn't have to be worn all I believe it implies to dress appropriately. Didn't know about the arranged marriage one so thanks for that. Also as far as I understood there were like 7 levels of hell and it's so easy to go to hell it isn't funny.

badly, its like all religions, there are so many ways to send yourself to hell:p im just happy i know a fair amount about it and thats why i always stick up for muslim people when ever a thread comes up about them, there just like any body else so shouldnt be treated differently :D:D

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
badly, its like all religions, there are so many ways to send yourself to hell:p im just happy i know a fair amount about it and thats why i always stick up for muslim people when ever a thread comes up about them, there just like any body else so shouldnt be treated differently :D:D

Nobody has treated them differently, however, in true islam, women are rated higher, however in modern times the hijab IS worn as a sign of a womans place in society. that of less than man, heck, the proof is in any muslim country where a females jail sentence is always 3 fold what a males is. Knowing a muslim isn't knowing their beliefs, it is just knowing their branch of belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.