Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

David hicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
US citizens who "fought against their own country" were spared the treatment Hicks was given and offered cushy civil trials.

there's no reason why we couldn't have laws to try Hicks in an australian court, and punish him if found guilty. for my money he deserves some harsh punishment.

but if the only response to that is to call anyone who doubts his treatment "pinko commos", well that's not a really strong response is it?

Australian fishermen caught fishing illegally get a reprimand and a fine. An Indonesian get's his boat confisgated, detained for a few months, fined heavily or jailed then gets deported.

Of course the US will treat their own citizens better, Hicks is not a US citizen. The fact is he was caught by American troops so he is their prisoner. If he was caught by Australian troops, chances are he would have been dealt with by now, probably let go and who knows what else he could have done in the mean time? (Bloody pinko commo)

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Australian fishermen caught fishing illegally get a reprimand and a fine. An Indonesian get's his boat confisgated, detained for a few months, fined heavily or jailed then gets deported.

Of course the US will treat their own citizens better, Hicks is not a US citizen. The fact is he was caught by American troops so he is their prisoner. If he was caught by Australian troops, chances are he would have been dealt with by now, probably let go and who knows what else he could have done in the mean time? (Bloody pinko commo)

I love the anger in your posts, your such surly person :w00t:

But generally a correct one.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Of course the US will treat their own citizens better, Hicks is not a US citizen. The fact is he was caught by American troops so he is their prisoner.

do you honestly think if we caught an american taliban we'd be able to keep him?

the truth is, the yanks make the rules and we are not equal partners. they know the treatment handed to Hicks would not be tolerated if handed to one of their own, which is why "our" guy gets it.

i resent the unequal treatment because he carries an australian passport, not because i believe he's a good guy.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I've seen the 'poor Hicks is being treated unfairly, he should be treated like the U.S treat their own' arguement so many times before but if it truly is an issue about equality why doesn't anyone whinge 'Those bloody yankees they get off so easy they should treat them like that so called Aussie Hicks'. Why is it Hicks is being treated harshly instead of the US citizens are being treated too lightly?

He made his bed now he has to lay in it. If he honestly believes he did nothing wrong then there would be no evidence against him so no reason to plead guilty. He knows he is screwed so hes trying to get off with a lighter sentence by taking the early guily plea. They should keep in Guantanomo Bay or execute him, stuff shipping the bastard back to here to sit in our gaol cells wasting our tax dollars.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Will you marry me Julie?

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Let him rot. He is no doubt a terrorist. I hope he never returns to Australia and remains in Guantanamo Bay. Converted to Muslim and hanging around terrorists.... And some people want him set free...

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Let him rot. He is no doubt a terrorist. I hope he never returns to Australia and remains in Guantanamo Bay. Converted to Muslim and hanging around terrorists.... And some people want him set free...
why exactly was that part inserted in there? sounds like your trying to make it sound like a bad thing? im sure a "hanging around terrorist" would of been enough, no need to say what religion he is when saying his stuffed up., so seriously can u not? im over constant bs because of what religion people are.

and as for hicks? well he gets his trial now, thats what half the people have been wanting. seriously he can get found guilty but who cares, we were just saying he deserved a trial alot earlier....

and besides i can see where mike is coming from.
plead innocent: stay there longer and possibly take longer and be stuck there. or get kept there permanently.....
plead guilty: go back to aus and spend the rest of his life in jail in acceptable prisons and get to see his family when he will 95% be found guilty anyways:), might aswell start his sentence in a better prison?....

i know what i would choose if i was him:)...

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
do you honestly think if we caught an american taliban we'd be able to keep him?

the truth is, the yanks make the rules and we are not equal partners. they know the treatment handed to Hicks would not be tolerated if handed to one of their own, which is why "our" guy gets it.

i resent the unequal treatment because he carries an australian passport, not because i believe he's a good guy.

Hey Jules wake up he pleaded guilty doesn't that tell you something?

I resent Hick taking up arms agains Australian men & women or doesn't that matter to you that he maybe responsible for a death and then again he may not be but the fact remains he took up arms against Australia.

We have solders over seas risking their lives to give Australia and our children a better life free of this terrorist rubbish going on over seas.

If you don't like Australia leave go joing the Teliban terrorist or what ever they are calling themselves now.

Go I hate these do gooders and tree huggers!

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
We have solders over seas risking their lives to give Australia and our children a better life free of this terrorist rubbish going on over seas.

Go I hate these do gooders and tree huggers!

lol@ fighting for freedom! Iraq was no threat to the U.S or Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.