Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Be careful when travelling.

do you stop for people that has broken down

• yes always, i would hope someone would stop for me

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • some times, if im not in a rush

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • never,it's there own fault

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tufvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Hey i just wanted to warn everyone to make sure you dont break down when ur travelling I went to moree in nsw yesterday to pik up a car that he was trading the car we got was from qld. on the way back down to wagga wagga the fan belt broke for three hours we sat there with hazard lights on and thrying to wave down the 3million trucks and cars that flew by use what happened to helping people out what happened to the old australia.Thankfully! One person out of the 3 million had a heart and stopped and was kind enough to drive us to the nearest car 40ks THANK YOU RICHARD. just a warning don't break down travelling on one of the busiest highways in nsw.:bang:

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Thats what RACQ is for .... Never stop. I used to think it was fine to pull over and help out but a mate in darwin did this and was ambushed by 5 aboriginals and had his car stolen (later found burnt) and was bashed within a inch of his life. Since then i keep driving unless i see a crash then im flying by.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What a crap poll. To insinuate that because somebody doesn't stop to help you out they are selfish s.o.b's is plain wrong. There could be any number of reasons why they didn't stop and to assume that because you have a problem the world is obligated to bail you out is offensive.

For the record, in the country I probably would stop but around town I normally don't bother.

Reaper

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Depends, i would never stop with my wife and kids on board but if it's on a busy road with plenty of people about then i would be happy to help if i could.
I was in a situation where i guy stopped for me years ago when i had broken down and he called the racv for me, saved me from spending the night on a country road!

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I wouldn't stop unless the car is on fire or smokin'.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
it really depends for me, if its a person i know or if im on a cruise then i will but im pretty busy every other time and dont have time to stop.

and like people said, thats what raa/racq/racv and all the other ones are for.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
If your not blonde with big tits and a nice arse I aint stopping

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I sometimes stop.

Around town i don't really mind (unless on my way to work) but if i'm just out for a thrash, i'll stop and help.

one weekend i helped 3 people out with flat tyres (well one actually ran over some poly pipe, but i helped him either way)

Also out in the country i'd be hesitant to stop and help someone, but if you can see there genuine (like a little old lady not knowing whats going on) i'd gladly stop. In the case of the Aboriginal laying in the middle of the road, thats clearly an ambush. Most truck don't even swerve for them anymore:p

Oh, and for the record, i also broke down in the country. Had my box seize up about 40k's from Hay. Yes its frustrating seeing all those empty car carriers not willing to stop. In the end RAA (or whatever NSW have) came and towed the car, then RAA paid to get it back to adelaide.