Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S PAC V's AU falcon

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
That aurions issue is that;
a) it's a toymota
b) it's FWD
c).....thats it really.

Mined you, the new trd version looks more the part, supercharged, and around the 250kw mark, but still fwd.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
hahahahahahahaha thats funny, how much did you beet in by ?

well not being a big fan of speeding about the joint, i was up to 80km/h (speed limit) with him well over a car length behind.
the annoying part is i see the guy around a lot, driving along this coastal stretch, taking off at lights like everyones impressed.

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Who would come out on top out of Vt S pack manual- VX S pack s2 manual - Vy S pack manual all stock ofcourse. I assume that it will come down to the vx and the vy as the vt's 5 or so kw's down. Not sure what would weight less though vx or vy.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
well not being a big fan of speeding about the joint, i was up to 80km/h (speed limit) with him well over a car length behind.
the annoying part is i see the guy around a lot, driving along this coastal stretch, taking off at lights like everyones impressed.

Im pretty sure he was either not trying or not in the right gear (or rev range to kick down if its an auto).

The VE SV6 is ALOT faster than the VZ SV6 despite the weight, and figures so far all show 7 second 0-100 runs. 7 second 0-100 runs compared to VY 9 second 0-100 runs. 20kg lighter max because its a ute, add just exhaust and shiftkit... Not enough to gain 2 seconds to be able to match his car, let alone beat it that easily.

A ute is no lighter than a sedan in reality. I dont have details for the VY utes, but in the VS range the ute was only 5kg lighter than the sedan.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Who would come out on top out of Vt S pack manual- VX S pack s2 manual - Vy S pack manual all stock ofcourse. I assume that it will come down to the vx and the vy as the vt's 5 or so kw's down. Not sure what would weight less though vx or vy.

The VX has a few kw's extra and the VX range is much lighter than the VT. So the VT would come through last. VX is lighter than the VY as well but only by 3kg, so I would think it would be VX neck and neck with VY followed by VT. The winner of the VX and VY would completely depend upon the individual car, fuels used, engine condition etc... But the real factor is the driver as its a manual car.

VT
Maximum power: 147 kW @ 5200 RPM
Maximum torque: 304 Nm @ 3600 RPM
Weight: 1551kg

VX
Maximum power: 152 kW @ 5200 rpm
Maximum torque: 305 Nm @ 3600 rpm
Weight: 1519kg

VY
Maximum power: 152 kW @ 5200 rpm
Maximum torque: 305 Nm @ 3600 rpm
Weight: 1522kg

Note those weights are for the Executives as the only S pack weight I can find is for the VY which is 1561kg, but the extra weight for the S pack should be pretty similar across the board.

Last edited:

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
I bought my car in late january and being a p plater I was gona get a 2002 Au XR6 VCT manual or a 2002 VX s pack manual. The Au had more power thats for sure and it came with factory standard LSD but its no where near has the sexy looks of the vx and one other thing that put me of was the centre console of the dash. But in the end I do think that a stock xr6 manual will be faster then a stock s pack manual since it weights less and has the advantage of lsd.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
Im pretty sure he was either not trying or not in the right gear (or rev range to kick down if its an auto).

The VE SV6 is ALOT faster than the VZ SV6 despite the weight, and figures so far all show 7 second 0-100 runs. 7 second 0-100 runs compared to VY 9 second 0-100 runs. 20kg lighter max because its a ute, add just exhaust and shiftkit... Not enough to gain 2 seconds to be able to match his car, let alone beat it that easily.

A ute is no lighter than a sedan in reality. I dont have details for the VY utes, but in the VS range the ute was only 5kg lighter than the sedan.

my mistake, im talkin about the aurion, not the VE sv6.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Oh ok thanks anyways, he just keeps on saying **** that his AU hasnt lost against a commodore yet.....

He must choose his commodores to line up against then.... I would LOVE to meet him !!! :whistling

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE