Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what kind of vp is this?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
when he gets it he can sure them for negligent misstatement and get all his money back, yay!

there are always little things which make these hard to pick... im gonna go with genuine SS that has had some bits sold and thenr eplced, like front bar and stuff....

well see..

aZk.

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
yea im hoping it is a geniune ss, becaus thats what i wanted. if its an executive i will be furious! can i actually sue if it turns out to be an executive, or at least get my money back?

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
I would suggest its only an SS, does it have the hsv tag on it?
The boot badges are the right clubby ones, except for the 185i one thats from vr/vs clubbys, and the bonnet badge is a vr/vs one. Think the spoiler is just the SS one too....
SS interior was all red and checkerd wasnt it? the clubby is a bluey grey with with bucket/racing seats.
yea it does have the bluey grey bucket seats, so it sounds like everything has been chopped and changed like crazy! thats pretty irritating actually, but i guess you pay the price for not researching clubsports and ss's properly. i guess ill just pray that its an ss haha!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
yea im hoping it is a geniune ss, becaus thats what i wanted. if its an executive i will be furious! can i actually sue if it turns out to be an executive, or at least get my money back?

its is possible you could, dont tak emy word on this i cant actually provide oyu with adivce over the net, but, if they have sold to you a vechical, claiming it to be a genuine SS or clubsport, and it turns out not to be either but rather an exec, you could proceede under contractual law to claim with respect to negligence.

You could try to prove fraud as they coerced you into siging the deed of sale under the impressionit was an SS, ie, it was a clincher, they new, it go tthe deal. Thats hard to prove.

Basically, under the TPA (trade practices act) section 52, sue for negligence(see a lawyer first lol)

i cant wait till wednesday!

aZk.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I'm leaning towards a genuine Clubby.

The bodykit is VP HSV, they don't have spotties (the senator has a different bar, i think the same as the stato one, with the 'squarer' spotties. Theres not spotties so its not an SS.
(Also note Series 1 SSs didn't have IRS i don't think, it was only optional, then standard on series 2)

Not sure if clubbys had IRS either, as being based on exec, they didn't even get climate control.

Can you get some interior pics maybe? Focusing on the steering wheel, left hand side of dash, 'rear' seats, and the interior as a whole, and the Dash cluster.

The Front badge is updated, VP ones have a red ring, not silver. The rear badges look fine, save for the 185i badge which is clearly from a VR/S clubby

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
cheers for the positive input stealthy, ill keep my fingers crossed until wednesday and ill take some more pictures as soon as i get it and let you all know. anybody know if there are any links to pages which compare the ss, executive and clubsport models, so that i could have a read?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
There would be pages on the unofficial commodore archive, but they aren't fact, the author isn't sure if there were 150 or 300 Calais internationals made (there were 300)

The clincher for me was the badges on the boot, as they are EXTREMELY hard to find (once again, not the gay looking 185 badge).
Forgot to mention, for whoever asked, the VP GTS was a 180kw motor, not sure if the clubby is the same.

Also, suggesting it is a mock clubby, most people don't even think to add the wheel arch flares.

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
yea true, however like some other guys pointed out, other things have been missed, which should have been added if rare items such as the wheel arch flares were. but then again it could have been a clubby origionally, and its been chopped and changed for whatever reason. ill take some pictures as soon as possible on wednesday, but even in the worst case senario, and it is an executive, im looking at 165kw, which is still a step up from the old vr 3.8 exec.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Went hunting on google.. Clubb's factory IRS.. & all clubby's & SS's had Spotties in front bars...

Also clubby's had the grills with like the 2 nostrils...

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
yea true, however like some other guys pointed out, other things have been missed, which should have been added if rare items such as the wheel arch flares were. but then again it could have been a clubby origionally, and its been chopped and changed for whatever reason. ill take some pictures as soon as possible on wednesday, but even in the worst case senario, and it is an executive, im looking at 165kw, which is still a step up from the old vr 3.8 exec.

Hehehe, Then custom tune, full service with new rotor cap/button, spark plugs, leads. oil etc etc pacemaker extractors a good custom twin catback exhaust.. & it'll be to the 200kw mark with 155rwkw ish at the wheels...

Cheers
MaT