Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport
Ahh your speaking of the Barrett, great rifle. I only have the Parker Hale ex Australian Issue M82 rifle. Still a great rifle, although, if i could get my hands on one I would take my old friend the SR-98 without a thought. Would also take a version of the Canadian M82C3A1 :p

Getting harder to keep zeroed now these days, seems people have an issue with using kangaroos as a zero target :(

ah yes, i've heard great things about the SR - deadly accurate to a 1000mtrs...a nice looking weapon.

yeh, i can't imagine why ppl would think that, they're a damn vermin.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ah yes, i've heard great things about the SR - deadly accurate to a 1000mtrs...a nice looking weapon.

yeh, i can't imagine why ppl would think that, they're a damn vermin.

SR is very nice, when we were doing initial tests with them in 98/99 i fell in love instantly. Light, quiet, reliable, accurate what more could you want?

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
is it harder to clock bikes at long distance? it must be

Even harder when they come out of nowhere from the direction you're not set up for.

I perched myself out in a nice straight stretch of 80 km/h zone one night. Just further up was the crest of a hill so I set it up to zap them as they came up over the crest into view coming towards me.

After a while of having absolutely no luck i.e. some good behaviour happening, I heard this motorcycle coming from the other direction then he zipped right past me. Because he was travelling away at a rather quick rate of speed and I had to wait for him to get more of a head start before I had a clear shot at him. Also being a bike it became harder because the distance grew and you have to factor in the whole, "Oh yeah, I've got a good one here!" - adrenalin is pumping and the hands aren't as steady anymore.

Managed to zap him just before he went over the hill out of view and came up with around 140. Took off after him but nowhere to be seen after that.

We develop our own stories about 'the one that got away'. That's mine.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
question. I have always wanted to join the police force. however I have one and only 1 blemish on my file. fraud. stealing as a servant. it has been two years since i served 3 months in jail for this charge. would i even have a chance of getting in now?

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
question. I have always wanted to join the police force. however I have one and only 1 blemish on my file. fraud. stealing as a servant. it has been two years since i served 3 months in jail for this charge. would i even have a chance of getting in now?

Only one way to find out! Apply, and tell them straight up!
Honesty goes along way...

However Fraud doesn't scream honesty if you get my drift, but give it a go you never know...
:thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Dont offences get cleared after 5 years anyway? Which means it shouldn't really be an issue if you haven't re-offended.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
In WA you have to fill out a spent convictions form and submit it. It doesn't get cleaned automatically, you have to submit the form.

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Trust me it stays there until our computers crash...

I see criminal and traffic records for every state, as we make interstate requests of offenders history for sentencing purposes.

I have never seen any crook's record go blank 5 years back. If I was a crook, I'd be filling in that form every year, cos the less we have on you the better it makes you look...

Your criminal history stays with you for life, even the juvenile stuff!
Any notion that you can just fill in a form and make it go away, because you've been good is a fantasy...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
My police clearance that I just got states no convictions, because I filled in that form. As far as conviction history goes, it may stay with you for life, but for legal purposes, clearances etc, your record doesn't come into it. I think it stays there, but as a spent conviction.