Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roller Rocker question

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman,XE Falcon,HJ V8 panel van,HZ tonner
Hi guys i have a VN 5L,i was wondering what do you think of those standard replacement roller rockers on ebay? (not the adjustable ones)Are they any good to use or just better getting a set of yella terra ones?has anyone on here used them on there efi 5L's?cheers

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I believe the ones on Ebay you are talking about to be the ones from Sydney Speed Supplies (atracing i think the user name is), if thats the case steer WELL clear of anything made by Sydney Speed Supplies!!! Go Yella Terra mate, tried, tested & proven product.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
If you want to invest in your engine go Yella Terra 1.6.5 platinum they are the go

Yella Terra is the JUST COMMODORES sponsor so send em a pm and get a quote.

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
So what do you think of those pro comp ones they are on ebay advertised by die crest??

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Duno man never heard of em. Yella Terra is proven but its up to you. I run em in my vn and most engine builders will use yella terra should give ya 5 - 15 rwkw on a good tune.

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats nice thanks for your help.

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
So what do you think of those pro comp ones they are on ebay advertised by die crest??

After seeing a die crest engineering ( use that term loosly with these guys) straight cut timing set explode after 1 weeks use, i would steer well away from anything made by them.. Stick to Yella Terra, used their rollers on my last stroker, and will be doing the same again without question.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Duno man never heard of em. Yella Terra is proven but its up to you. I run em in my vn and most engine builders will use yella terra should give ya 5 - 15 rwkw on a good tune.
I made 6rwkw using the top of the range Platinum's, which I doubt anyone here will use since they are around $900+, so don't know where you got that figure from. Also what's the tune mean, they are a standard ratio...........

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Tune with other mods broz,once there in tune the whole car as a package 5- 15 rwkw is in your kw gain.