Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU 2001 SS 5.7 Ute
Drive belt

Hi, just wondering if you can tell me or direct me to where I can find out how to fit one to a Vt V6 commodore. I,ve havent fitted one of these yet. I,ve done the old engines with fanbelts. Cheers.

LewGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS 5.7 M6
hey mate, not sure if you've been asked this before but i'm after the location of the reverse switch in my vr, its a manual if that matters. my reverse lights aren't working and was told that this might be the problem.
any help would be very much appreciated. cheers..

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey Dr Bob, My Car's Streering Wheel Shakes when i brake.
Is it my rotars? Pads? or "Rod Bush's" (what ever the hell they are!?)

And what ever needs replacing id rarther go with some performance stuff then the same holden specs. Assuming the price difference is not to great!

Thanks!

alipete

Ban Speed Camera's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive VY CALAIS
Vs v6 automemcal

Have you got the part # for this or know where I can get a s/hand one from? Also my heater fan switch won't work, I use to hit the consol and it would work but it won't go anymore. If it is the resister can you post the link for replacement please! Also are having troble with R/hand oxy sensor throwing code 13 even after I put a new one in. Is it the pink heater wire? Can you point me in the wright direction. Regards Peter.

davos1986

Reaction score
Hey,
I've got a bit of a problem starting my VS V6 commodore. What happens is when you turn the ignition on the thermo fans come on and it tries to turn over but can't (i've also noticed it takes a bit longer now to turn over then what it normally does). I've had it in the shop to be looked at but it didn't play up at all while it was in and they couldn't find a problem. I was told to change the crank angle sensor which i did and still no luck. The thing that gets everyone one is when it won't start it has spark and it has fuel as well. Please help its driving me crazy

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I think you're right , i've heard you can only replace the harness plug seal from inside the box , which means taking out all the guts to get to it ? is that right or can it be done from above ?

you need the pan off to pull the wiring through

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi, just wondering if you can tell me or direct me to where I can find out how to fit one to a Vt V6 commodore. I,ve havent fitted one of these yet. I,ve done the old engines with fanbelts. Cheers.

look in the how to section, or use the search button
failing that pay attention to how it comes off & put it back on the same way

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hey mate, not sure if you've been asked this before but i'm after the location of the reverse switch in my vr, its a manual if that matters. my reverse lights aren't working and was told that this might be the problem.
any help would be very much appreciated. cheers..

its on the transmission itself, yes auto & manual are different

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey Dr Bob, My Car's Streering Wheel Shakes when i brake.
Is it my rotars? Pads? or "Rod Bush's" (what ever the hell they are!?)

And what ever needs replacing id rarther go with some performance stuff then the same holden specs. Assuming the price difference is not to great!

Thanks!

the rotors will be warped, upgrade brakes can be expensive depending on how far you want to go.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.