Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

VNBT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNBT1
Vs Statesman Transmission leak from front of trans.

G'day,

I have noticed that on cold starts during take off my trans slips.

I have checked levels and filled to required level, but then it all leaks out at once from the front and then the trans goes back to slipping again with minimal drive in the trans.

Any advice to fix the problem would be great.

Cheers

jayjackson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore berlina
vt commodore smoke problem

hi, im just after some possible answers to a problem i am having with my 98 vt commodore, firstly about 3 weeks ago i started to get a light knocking sound which seems to be around the same area as the water pump, at first i thought that may have been the problem, a week later it started blowing a grayish/white smoke thats not steam related, now it misfires on take off, i took it to a mechanic and he could,nt tell me what was wrong,i checked to see if it was losing brake/autotrans but both were ok ,any suggestions, another person told me to replace the water pump ,but my guess was this wouldnt be creating smoke.......any advice will be helpfull thanks

sv6supercruiser

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Commodore
clunk from ? diff ? when in stop / go traffic

sorry if this is in wrong area etc...but:

I have a 2004 SV6, 191

Just removed 105,000km warning...thanks for guys who submitted that removal tip.

But 2 problems only...

1st...does anyone know the right software, so I can connect my laptop via the USB connector I have bought. It connects, but barely gives any data. Is Holden using non-standard protocols, or something?

2nd. when pulling away slowly, braking at idle speeds, like creeping along stop/go in heavy traffic, there is a clunking sound coming from rear end...maybe diff.

Have had the suspension, brakes etc all checked by a top shop...passed as ok.

Any help please guys...warmly appreciated.

phill bean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS COMMODORE
vx ss bootrelease

hey my boot wont releese wont work , i push button on remote no good,i press button in glove box no good , any idea what the problem is ?,

cheers phill

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 vn Calais
hi i was wondring if any one has drigrams for the woring harness in 89 Calais i just brought the car of mate when he had it the fuse box aught alight and took harness and melted dash dash is out i now need drigrams for wiring harness ps sorry about spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.