Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paid Maternity Leave, thoughts?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
yeah... that payout you got from work that put you through uni ..a second time...must have cost a mint.

aZk.

Sorry? You are saying being given compensation for completley ****ing a career and a life while serving the country is getting something for free?

For the record, I would hand back every single dollar I was paid out to have a normal life again and be able to do what I love most. Not only would I better off in monetary values, I'd be on track for my life plan rather than 4 years behind it.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Sorry? You are saying being given compensation for completley ****ing a career and a life while serving the country is getting something for free?

For the record, I would hand back every single dollar I was paid out to have a normal life again and be able to do what I love most. Not only would I better off in monetary values, I'd be on track for my life plan rather than 4 years behind it.

No, what im saying is that its easy to play the "i dont want you to do this" game.

You say you dont want to fork out cash to pay for others to have kids.. ok... i dont want my taxes (which i pay alot.. seriously.. i work to jobs to put me through uni and i tell ya, the tax braket on a second job is a joke) ..sorry.. i dont want my taxes to pay for an injury you got playing GI JOE.

i think the millitray is a ****ing waste... why should i have to pay so you can get better when you shouldnt have hurt yourself to begin with.

Now, whether or not i support the armed forces is irrelevant.. point is, having kids puts you out of work and some either dont earn enough or financially cant afford to support themselves during this time.. that doesnt mean they shouldnt have any. The point of life is to give it... its not a privilage its a right.

You know what they say about the top? higher you go, the further it is too fall. You want the riches and no responsibilties. TUFF LUCK, you live in a society which relies on the rich to support the poor.

Either sell up and milk the system or get over it. It aint gonna change.

aZk.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
No, what im saying is that its easy to play the "i dont want you to do this" game.

You say you dont want to fork out cash to pay for others to have kids.. ok... i dont want my taxes (which i pay alot.. seriously.. i work to jobs to put me through uni and i tell ya, the tax braket on a second job is a joke) ..sorry.. i dont want my taxes to pay for an injury you got playing GI JOE.

i think the millitray is a ****ing waste... why should i have to pay so you can get better when you shouldnt have hurt yourself to begin with.

Now, whether or not i support the armed forces is irrelevant.. point is, having kids puts you out of work and some either dont earn enough or financially cant afford to support themselves during this time.. that doesnt mean they shouldnt have any. The point of life is to give it... its not a privilage its a right.

You know what they say about the top? higher you go, the further it is too fall. You want the riches and no responsibilties. TUFF LUCK, you live in a society which relies on the rich to support the poor.

Either sell up and milk the system or get over it. It aint gonna change.

aZk.

Your taxes have not and never will pay for my injury. Unless you were working illegally and somehow paying taxes at the same time? Calling the military a waste, way to spit on every soldier who has served, fought and possibly died to give you the country we have.

Having children is a right, however, paying for them goes with that right, expecting others to foot the bill because someone cannot afford to have a child is not a right, that there is a privilege and one that is constantly abused.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I am against it because it is just plain wrong, it is a massive waste of taxpayer funds as I said previously it would be better spent on education, healthcare and infrastructure. Actually my husband and I are considering having more children so I would benefit from the payment. I just feel that it is the parents responsibility to ensure they can afford kids before they have them, shouldn't be another taxpayer burden
No the baby bonus is, It pays people that stay at home to have kids, These kids most of the time don't get the best start.
Yet here we are moaning over working people getting paid maternity leave, Which is a much better system then the plasma bonus.. This was not a labor thing, The previous government didn't think well enough about this when they introduced it, Today no bonus but vouchers is a better idea..

But yes in the long run mothers who work giving there kids some time, then moving back to work will give there kids a much better start then the ones that only have kids for the money.
Now people can't possibly think this little amount of money is going to last a life time, They will and do pay for there own kids, But in that important time they as tax payers help fun it themselves in some way, For themselves, And others.

I believe it's a good investment in the right direction with keeping people employed.
Whats mine is mine, not whats mine is yours...........

Stuff the less fortunate. If they got off their collective asses and did something for themselves, instead of bleating about their lot in life, then things will be different.

Sure, I don't mind paying taxes for those that are genuinely dealt a raw deal, but those cases are very far and few in between. This whole country has a welfare mentality, and quite frankly its disgusting.

How about upping the taxes that the lower income people pay? They consume more handouts, so shouldn't they be required to contribute a bit more then?

But hey, thats the wrong attitude to have eh?
Mate this is honest, I'm still only seeing those that class themselves "better off", Doing the loudest moaning on this forum.
Anyone that is of lower income wouldn't dare speak up or out, Because they would be condemned and shoved into the corner like a nobody.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Mate this is honest, I'm still only seeing those that class themselves "better off", Doing the loudest moaning on this forum.
Anyone that is of lower income wouldn't dare speak up or out, Because they would be condemned and shoved into the corner like a nobody.

pfft. im on a low income and im siding with the high income earners.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
pfft. im on a low income and im siding with the high income earners.
But, your mentality leans that way, Because it is the way you want to go right?.

But you still didn't answer..
Been looking over these forums maybe as long as anyone in this chat has been here, At first watching then contributing on and off over the years, And in the past 12-16 months i have noticed it high and large, Whilst complaining about moaning, Moaning is never far away from there fingers.
Which is why there are not that many people of the lower middle section speaking there minds, There is a little group that jumps them and shoves them into the corner like there nobody's. So you find these people not contributing in fear of condemnation.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
But, your mentality leans that way, Because it is the way you want to go right?.

so? whether i want to go that way or not is beside the point. why would i want to be anything but successful? even if i didnt go that way, i would still realise that the tax rate forced onto those people is unfair. if i didnt think that, it would be pretty selfish. these people have to lose half their incomes just so others that didnt try as hard only have to lose 15%. why is that fair?

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
i use the train. it needs the money more than people putting out kids. you sound like you have no idea what youre on about

I don't use the train and I want all my share of taxes that help fund that to 2go elsewhere?????

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't use the train and I want all my share of taxes that help fund that to 2go elsewhere?????

ok then. we will stop using trains. by doing that, we will create more traffic on the road, and then youll be bitching about too much traffic and that public transport should be better