Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paid Maternity Leave, thoughts?

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
ok then. we will stop using trains. by doing that, we will create more traffic on the road, and then youll be bitching about too much traffic and that public transport should be better

your always going to the extremes, i to dont use trains or public transport as the times i work isnt practicable to use the limited system in my area of perth.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
so? whether i want to go that way or not is beside the point. why would i want to be anything but successful? even if i didnt go that way, i would still realise that the tax rate forced onto those people is unfair. if i didnt think that, it would be pretty selfish. these people have to lose half their incomes just so others that didnt try as hard only have to lose 15%. why is that fair?
It's not about success, It's about people moving into a place they feel they want to be, Before they are there. And they forget where they come from.

Again, Why is it perceived that someone earning $20,000 works one part less harder Then someone on $50,000 or more?, Again a point i made earlier on mentality direction, Sometimes it's easier to follow the popular line then go against it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It's not about success, It's about people moving into a place they feel they want to be, Before they are there. And they forget where they come from.

Again, Why is it perceived that someone earning $20,000 works one part less harder Then someone on $50,000 or more?, Again a point i made earlier on mentality direction, Sometimes it's easier to follow the popular line then go against it.

How isn't what you described success, by getting where you want to be you have succeeded.

Someone who earns 20k as opposed to someone who earns 120k obviously does not work as hard. Clearly they are doing less hours, clearly they did not educate themselves and work at the same time.

Anyone can be a labourer doing their 8 hours a day, not anyone can be a lawyer, a business manager, a CPA, a Doctor, it takes dedication and hard work to get those skills and keep them. What do you have to do that gives you the skills of a labourer apart from dropping out of aschool and being able to count to with your fingers?

You are delussional if you think that low income workers have had to work hard to be where they are, simple fact is ANYONE can do unskilled work. Doing skilled work, different story.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
How isn't what you described success, by getting where you want to be you have succeeded.

Someone who earns 20k as opposed to someone who earns 120k obviously does not work as hard. Clearly they are doing less hours, clearly they did not educate themselves and work at the same time.

Anyone can be a labourer doing their 8 hours a day, not anyone can be a lawyer, a business manager, a CPA, a Doctor, it takes dedication and hard work to get those skills and keep them. What do you have to do that gives you the skills of a labourer apart from dropping out of aschool and being able to count to with your fingers?

You are delussional if you think that low income workers have had to work hard to be where they are, simple fact is ANYONE can do unskilled work. Doing skilled work, different story.

what about those who were forced out of the training scheme to seek work to support themselves and never having the chance to have money to help them learn to become sum what of a higher skilled.
education costs money not everyone is a clever dick like u minux

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Because not being there isn't succeeding. Does everyone need sometype of large pat on the back nowadays?.

Right there i can see where your heading and where you think. It's any wonder we have different classes in the world.

Education has nothing to do with working hard in what ever you happen to do. Guy drops out of school at 16, Works his arse off until he is 70, Never takes a handout, Never accepting one, Owns his own house, And put a family together, He worked no less then anyone worse off, Or better off, He is no less or better then the next guy.

Life is a large education, Everyday someone learns something more about the people around them.
Anyone can be a labourer doing their 8 hours a day, not anyone can be a lawyer, a business manager, a CPA, a Doctor, it takes dedication and hard work to get those skills and keep them. What do you have to do that gives you the skills of a laborer apart from dropping out of aschool and being able to count to with your fingers?
What gives you the idea a laborer only works 8 hour days?.
My brother was a POS and still is, He missed much of his school and sufferd for it, He spent a good part of his life seeing walls, But he made good with what he had, He worked 5-6 days per week, And made soemthing for him and his family, Some people know what they can be, Some know they can't master words and be something with there brain, Some know it's phsyical work they are made for, And when he knew this he moved into it, And made his way onto a construction site, Within month he was well into it, Earning a good wage of $1300 p/w, This was only the start, Then his accident stuffed him up, And his other accidents cut him down, He bleed for his job, And almost lost his life on it, But he loved it.
But don't dare tell me you or anyone works harder because you or they earn more money.

Clearly that is you, I said, What makes anyone think that a person on $20,000 works less hard then someone on $50,000 or more.
People living on the lower bracket have been known to work the od 2-3 jobs from now and then, And they moan less then you.

I was right a few post back;)..
BTW working in itself isn't a breeze, To be where you are in any employment is an achievement, Working wasn't meant to be easy.
Do you think the guys that make all your lifes indulgence work easy?, Someone has to do the dirty jobs that Others wouldn't.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
what about those who were forced out of the training scheme to seek work to support themselves and never having the chance to have money to help them learn to become sum what of a higher skilled.
Well said..

Also, To become a baker you need night school whilst getting on job experience, Now it's a hard job heat wise, But it will never earn you a **** load of money, But you still need that schooling behind you whilst working and a second job is never out of the question.. So does that put a 45k person into the high so good bracket of only hard working people because they did uni and work like ambidextrous people?:p.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Forced out of a training scheme?

You do not need money for a university education, this is what HELP is for, sure you need to work to buy essentials, but look at what some people do to do this. Far too many people think jobs are neath them these days or that they are to good for them. So do not come out with lines liek you need money for a higher education, go to any university and look at some of the people getting by trying to find ways of paying for their future.

Because not being there isn't succeeding. Does everyone need sometype of large pat on the back nowadays?.

Right there i can see where your heading and where you think. It's any wonder we have different classes in the world.

Education has nothing to do with working hard in what ever you happen to do. Guy drops out of school at 16, Works his arse off until he is 70, Never takes a handout, Never accepting one, Owns his own house, And put a family together, He worked no less then anyone worse off, Or better off, He is no less or better then the next guy.

Life is a large education, Everyday someone learns something more about the people around them.
What gives you the idea a laborer only works 8 hour days?.
My brother was a POS and still is, He missed much of his school and sufferd for it, He spent a good part of his life seeing walls, But he made good with what he had, He worked 5-6 days per week, And made soemthing for him and his family, Some people know what they can be, Some know they can't master words and be something with there brain, Some know it's phsyical work they are made for, And when he knew this he moved into it, And made his way onto a construction site, Within month he was well into it, Earning a good wage of $1300 p/w, This was only the start, Then his accident stuffed him up, And his other accidents cut him down, He bleed for his job, And almost lost his life on it, But he loved it.
But don't dare tell me you or anyone works harder because you or they earn more money.

Clearly that is you, I said, What makes anyone think that a person on $20,000 works less hard then someone on $50,000 or more.
People living on the lower bracket have been known to work the od 2-3 jobs from now and then, And they moan less then you.

I was right a few post back;)..
BTW working in itself isn't a breeze, To be where you are in any employment is an achievement, Working wasn't meant to be easy.
Do you think the guys that make all your lifes indulgence work easy?, Someone has to do the dirty jobs that Others wouldn't.

Your post is all over the place, when I finish making dinner I will re-attempt to answer this.

Where did anyone ask for a pat on the back, if you reach your goals in life, you have succeeded, which is what you said isn't success? You make no sense.

Just because you physically work hard, does not mean you have "worked hard" to make your life. In almost all cases if you earn more money you have generally done some pretty ****ed up things over your career, I know myself there was stages there where I was doing 100+ hours a week to get contracts finished, I don't hear of too many Labourers doing over 40 hours a week let alone actually work more than 10 days in a row. However, your brother by working hard, he got more money, so ot ****s your theory out of the water. Show me one person who earns a 100k a year, that is not a silver spoon eater or a sportsperson and does not have to work hard. With more money comes more responsibility, it is as simple as that.

On that same note, just because you are an unskilled worker who cannot earn more than 25k year due to being dumb, lazy whatever it does not entitle you to handouts. The only handouts that should be given are ones to help you better your career.

Well said..

Also, To become a baker you need night school whilst getting on job experience, Now it's a hard job heat wise, But it will never earn you a **** load of money, But you still need that schooling behind you whilst working and a second job is never out of the question.. So does that put a 45k person into the high so good bracket of only hard working people because they did uni and work like ambidextrous people?:p.

Trade school, big deal, how much do you have to do a year? Regardless, apprentices work hard for their skills, a lot harder than any unskilled person.

Just going to add, teachers wages should be doubled, the amount of mental and physical work those people do is astonishing, it is pathetic what the government pays them.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
One different way to look at this:

What is the average net return to the government (= us) via taxation for an individual over their lifetime? Could a system of paid maternity leave be considered an investment with a net return?

The fundamental problem is that because most women work, there is an opportunity cost for that individual women (and usually couple) in foregoing income to breed. That is what has changed from previous eras and why a maternity leave scheme should be considered.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
meh, i went from being a bloke on 500 dollars a fortnight pension to 2 grand a week robotics job, i dont work really that hard its just what i know

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Your post is all over the place, when I finish making dinner I will re-attempt to answer this.
Like your empathy.

Where did anyone ask for a pat on the back, if you reach your goals in life, you have succeeded, which is what you said isn't success? You make no sense.
It's clear the fact people keep bringing this up about how hard they have done it over the top of everyone else, Is looking for that pat on the back.

Goals are made to be shattered, Best plan in life is do your best, That way you never fail trying your best.

Just because you physically work hard, does not mean you have "worked hard" to make your life. In almost all cases if you earn more money you have generally done some pretty ****ed up things over your career, I know myself there was stages there where I was doing 100+ hours a week to get contracts finished, I don't hear of too many Labourers doing over 40 hours a week let alone actually work more than 10 days in a row.
Good friend of mine paints houses, Old new etc, He doesn't get paid until the work is done, He will sometimes work 15 days straight just to push that work through to get paid and move onto the next one, He at times doesn't even have time to come over for dinner, And when he does he comes with paint all over him straight from work, And ends up falling asleep in the chair after a few hours..
However, your brother by working hard, he got more money, so ot ****s your theory out of the water. Show me one person who earns a 100k a year, that is not a silver spoon eater or a sportsperson and does not have to work hard. With more money comes more responsibility, it is as simple as that.
He worked physically hard so does that mean it doesn't in your book of who is best?.

You seem to think the guy that collects the bins work is a breeze. Because he earns less then this bracket you have stuck up that separates people in classes, But lets not forget, I'm not saying anyone works on there arses for any type of income, You are and have in the past made references to lower income people are sometype of uneducated lazy fools, So maybe it's you that assumes people who work are on there arses, Because they earn less.

On that same note, just because you are an unskilled worker who cannot earn more than 25k year due to being dumb, lazy whatever it does not entitle you to handouts. The only handouts that should be given are ones to help you better your career.
You make no sense at all?.

Trade school, big deal, how much do you have to do a year? Regardless, apprentices work hard for their skills, a lot harder than any unskilled person.
Make up your mind, It's people that only work, are differnt to people that school and work, Or it's only people you pick and choose.

Just going to add, teachers wages should be doubled, the amount of mental and physical work those people do is astonishing, it is pathetic what the government pays them.
Couldn't be any harder then someone working the desk at centrelink.