Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoon Killed after Chase

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
I can't believe how the first thing some of you guys do when you hear about a story like this is try to blame the police. Is nobody responsible for their own actions anymore? Maybe the police did fudge the story but it would only be a result of ridiculous legislation that obliges them to babysit grown men. Bad luck, it happens. As earlier stated its the parents that suffer and possibly the other driver, assuming he/she wasn't drunk, speeding etc

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I can't believe how the first thing some of you guys do when you hear about a story like this is try to blame the police. Is nobody responsible for their own actions anymore? Maybe the police did fudge the story but it would only be a result of ridiculous legislation that obliges them to babysit grown men. Bad luck, it happens. As earlier stated its the parents that suffer and possibly the other driver, assuming he/she wasn't drunk, speeding etc

Doesn't matter who's at fault. The guy is dead and finding who was at fault isn't going to change that.

What I find amusing is that the police pick a guy up for committing an offence (speeding) yet let the same guy perpetrate another offence (being a pedestrian on a freeway) right under their noses.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
What I find amusing is that the police pick a guy up for committing an offence (speeding) yet let the same guy perpetrate another offence (being a pedestrian on a freeway) right under their noses.

This perhaps will be at the centre of the coroner's enquiry.
The police story at the moment is that he was getting a lift with the tow truck driver? Bet the tow truck operators get excited about that. Having to give a lift to the person whose car they are putting of the road. If I was a towie, I wouldnt be taking them.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
All this incident doesis highlight how stupid the hoon laws are. He wasn't hooning, he was speeding. Scrap the speeding law if speeding is now hooning, and the when old grandma gets clocked at 61, impound her 1 owner torana aswell.

Excessive speeding is dangerous, it was 149km/h and normally this hoon should have considered themselves lucky that they were apprehended before they actually did real damage to themselves and other.
This event does highlights the problem we have in actually transporting the hoons back to a safe place after they have offended in remote areas. What if there were actually four other passengers in the car? How would the police deal with that situation?

Confiscating the car, fine by me.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Excessive speeding is dangerous, it was 149km/h and normally this hoon should have considered themselves lucky that they were apprehended before they actually did real damage to themselves and other.
This event does highlights the problem we have in actually transporting the hoons back to a safe place after they have offended in remote areas. What if there were actually four other passengers in the car? How would the police deal with that situation?

You didn't even bother to read what i posted, so stop quoting me!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Not a very hard thing to do in any modern car. Even my old 1998 Hyundai Excel could exceed that speed, and quite easily.

89 camry here which will do it with a bit of a decline and tail wind.

That should be the offenders problem. Call a taxi, mum, grandad, a mate whatever there is a way. OR not screw up like a tosser in the first place.
It shouldn't be up to the police to deal with. They are not a taxi. I wouldn't expect a taxi driver to take the car keys away from a hoon either.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Yes, I did read what you said. ^. You didnt think that excessive speeding was hooning?......and I responded to that
Impounding grandma's torana for doing 61km/h.......LOL. Grandma wouldnt speed.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Yes, I did read what you said. ^. You didnt think that excessive speeding was hooning?......and I responded to that
Impounding grandma's torana for doing 61km/h.......LOL. Grandma wouldnt speed.

According to the government, any speeding is dangerous, hence why its against the law. My comment again, was do away with one of them, if speeding is hooning, remove the speeding offences, and just call them all hooning.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
That should be the offenders problem. Call a taxi, mum, grandad, a mate whatever there is a way. OR not screw up like a tosser in the first place.
It shouldn't be up to the police to deal with. They are not a taxi. I wouldn't expect a taxi driver to take the car keys away from a hoon either.

I agree, the police are not a taxis service. That is where there is a problem. Do we turf a car load of people onto the roadway where being a pedestrian is banned. Do we turf them out of the car on a deserted strip of road in the desert and allow them to perish?
Do we leave a group of people on a lonely strip of highway out there to get picked up, abducted, assaulted etc? Maybe you think it is deserved punishment, I dont.