Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Qantas

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have flown with Qantas both domestic and international in the last couple of months and they have been great.

electro cruiser

Reaction score
you have every right to not fly with QANTAS. but dont just take the "right" because the media are telling you bullsh!t. find the other side of the story. i have flown with QANTAS my whole life. ill be on a QANTAS flight every year, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year, depends if i go on holiday :)

and they are an awesum airline. but every airline has mishaps, and you should be thankful that QANTAS isnt like those airlines that have an accident every year or 2. that oxyfen cylinder is the worst thing to happen 2 QANTAS for a long long time. and compared to other airlines...that was nothing. you should look up american airlines DC-10's. The one where maintanence put the engine in wrong and on take off it shot off and the plane lifted off then crashed into a caravan park.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
i have flown with them on previous occasions as well with no problem but it only takes one chance of a stuffup occuring that your life may be over or you could be injured so if i can avoid using the service i will but if im going to take a flight somewhere i wouldnt steer completely clear of it and be a wuss, like everyone else you take the chance

electro cruiser

Reaction score
thats the spirit!! lol
but your more safer flying with QANTAS then probably anyother airline

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i have flown with them on previous occasions as well with no problem but it only takes one chance of a stuffup occuring that your life may be over or you could be injured so if i can avoid using the service i will but if im going to take a flight somewhere i wouldnt steer completely clear of it and be a wuss, like everyone else you take the chance

If your worried about air safety, you shouldn't fly full stop. Theres always a risk. If you want to fly with the smallest risk out of all aitlines, fly Qantas.

And i said you call yourself australian because you put a U in Qantas. Every aussie should know the correct spelling.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
haha never picked up on that lol rep given for correcting me, i have no issues with flying though qantas or any other airline for that matter but think since all this has happened they should be making a bit more of an effort to correct things even if it means double/tripling the safety checks they do to ensure there service has the highest rep possible, whether the media is right or wrong it is still giving qantas a bad name...

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
When it comes down to it you're more likely to die in your commodore than on a qantas flight. The media should just quit while they're ahead. They've done enough damage as it is and the reputation of Qantas will be tarnished for a long time to come. Having flown cross country and to HK in the last week I have no reservations in flying with them as all airline have their dramas, we just don't hear about every single ****y little issue because the media has nothing better to do.

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I havn't flown for years, but nothing the media reports will stop me from choosing Qantas.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Its interesting to see that some people haven’t been effected by the media's low attempts of tarnishing the airline but some have been completely turned off with flying with them due to it all.

If only the public could see what I see on a weekly basis.

Go fly garuda, then I want to hear you say you wont fly with Qantas.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride