Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stopping a tweeter

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
No not the speaker kind, the bird life.

I am writing this as a very tired and frustrated person. Every night for the past month at about 5:30pm this bloody bird starts tweeting in next doors backyard trees.

It doesnt shut up until about 7am.

When your tired and just wanting to get to sleep its annoying, every 20 seconds tweet, tweet, tweet. It then gors silent for about a minute, then ets back into it.

We had heavy hail on Saturday, even then once the hail had started to ease we could hear it going ape ****e

Ive tried spraying the tree with the hose, as soon as I turn off the spray it fires up again, and the mozzies come and attack me.

If it was my tree I'd be tempted to set fire too it in my tired state, but seeing as its in next doors back yard I choose not too.

They deny hearing it, maybe because their bedrooms are at the front of the house.

Does anyone have any suggestions apart from an air rifle or fireworks?? I know of electrical devices that shut dogs up, they emit a high tone frequency which stops the dog from barking - similar to the shock collar thing, only this one you keep in your back yard. Is there anything similar for a damn bird?

I know this sounds stupid but all I want to do is sleep and its finally got the better of me :whistling

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Buy a cat :thumbsup: You could always wait till the neighbours arent home and grab a net and try catch the bird and release it far away somewhere. Perhaps even some form of Bird Feeder on the fence or in your yard, try lure it somewhere so you can easily grab it.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
lol i forgot to mention we have a cat, the bird is cheeky enough to swoop at the cat ... I think its the same bird anyway, omly a little thing.

the idea of a bird feeder is a good one, something so simple yet something I hadnt thought of :thumbsup:

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
No not the speaker kind, the bird life.

I am writing this as a very tired and frustrated person. Every night for the past month at about 5:30pm this bloody bird starts tweeting in next doors backyard trees.

It doesnt shut up until about 7am.

Do you mean 5.30am? or the bird keeps you awake for 13.5hours?

You can always move to a sterile multistorey building with no wildlife in sight or:

adapt to living on planet earth:

Perhaps work with nature instead of against it, get up with the sun, go to bed when it goes down, not only will tweetie stop annoying you, but you'll save on your power bills too.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
no I mean it starts at around 5:30 in the afternoon and doesnt cease until around 7 in the morning.

The reason I am up and online at 12:30am is because its out there now doing its thing, not because I enjoy being tired at work the following day.

It tweets ALL NIGHT, yes Ive checked, tis still dark outside ... :thumbsup: Dark usually indicated night time when people sleep

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
no I mean it starts at around 5:30 in the afternoon and doesnt cease until around 7 in the morning.

The reason I am up and online at 12:30am is because its out there now doing its thing, not because I enjoy being tired at work the following day.

It tweets ALL NIGHT, yes Ive checked, tis still dark outside ... :thumbsup: Dark usually indicated night time when people sleep

Oh, that is no good at all, there's only so much a koala can bear. Perhaps its calling for a mate.......graeme kennedy style.......

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Ear plugs?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
What sort of bird is it? From what you have said (whistling at night, gone off its heasd and swooping a cat) I am guessing it is a Willie Wag-tail. If so, if you hurt it I will break your face :)

1189664124.jpg

You will also be up for massive fines if you get caught as they are native AND protected.

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
You could try cutting up a bicycle tube & throw it in the tree.

The birds think it is a snake & wont go near it.

I sympathise m8, i know what you are going through!