Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do's and Don'ts when getting pulled over

seza88

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS VZ MY06
Be polite when answering questions and play dumb ahahaha.... also helps if youre a first time offender :p. Pulled over for speeding once, claimed I wasnt paying attention so didnt know what speed I was going at the officer was a bit of a smartass and asked how many points I had lost in my time of driving to which I honestly replied none... left him rendered speechless and he stuttered that he would just give me a warning as first time and I was polite and off he went

Just to add I was in my work clothes so shorts, high vis polo and safety boots so being female didnt have a part in getting let off lol

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Be polite when answering questions and play dumb ahahaha.... also helps if youre a first time offender :p. Pulled over for speeding once, claimed I wasnt paying attention so didnt know what speed I was going at the officer was a bit of a smartass and asked how many points I had lost in my time of driving to which I honestly replied none... left him rendered speechless and he stuttered that he would just give me a warning as first time and I was polite and off he went

Just to add I was in my work clothes so shorts, high vis polo and safety boots so being female didnt have a part in getting let off lol

shorts and boots? you might be surprised lol it really depends on the quality of the legs and the length of the shorts... ;)

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
If you are referring to the film back to the future it was a Marty McFly in a Delorian, not a Supra.

Yeah, ummmm...righto. I was actually making a joke (of sorts) and was referring to when Superman flew around the Earth really fast to make time go backwards so Louis Lane wouldn't be crushed in her car after Lex Luthor fired a missile into the San Andreas fault and...oh forget it!

Imagine a wog in a riced-up vtec shitbox saying it to a cop...and let the hilarity ensue.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
I work nights so i get pulled up allot, although recently i have not. when i did i just pull over, put in park and let engine idle, on rare occasions i turned lights and engine off. anyway if you dnt have a reason to be worried , then you shouldnt be worried. I used to get into conversations with them and then they say everythings fine your right to go.....lately they have flown up my arse out of no where (as cop shop is about 100 meters from my work) and must have seen my number plate and just turned off at a street or just keep driveing. they must be used to me by now haha. Anyway there is no need to get out of your car. You get signaled (blue and red lights...lol) to pull over they come to you, "IF" your directed to get out the you do. only time i was was when i was a passenger and my partner was driveing and the cop had concerns for my cars height as the extractor pipes were hangin low, but he was polite and said to just get it checked as allot of officers would give me a hard time for it...inlotherwords a heads up....which i thought was nice of him as he said he wasn't gona give me a hard time for it. Although it is hangin low i still have not done anything about it hahaha

some country's you will get shot if you step of of your car lol

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
I just tell them I need to take a crap real bad.

lol i remeber i had to let off some gas once and what you know a ####ing cop pulls me up. #### it stunk hahaha lets say he was out of there in not time after he RBT me lol

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Yeah, ummmm...righto. I was actually making a joke (of sorts) and was referring to when Superman flew around the Earth really fast to make time go backwards so Louis Lane wouldn't be crushed in her car after Lex Luthor fired a missile into the San Andreas fault and...oh forget it!

Imagine a wog in a riced-up vtec shitbox saying it to a cop...and let the hilarity ensue.

Apparently that went over everyones head. Were you typing over the speed limit?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I got done in the carpark at the local supermarket for having blue number plate lights. "Really", I said. "They are illegal"? (Pleaded ignorance).
"Yep" he said. "Got to be clear, no colours". "No problem Officer" I said "I will change them back when I get home".
"No worries" said the Cop. (No Ticket). We had a chat and a laugh, top guys. Wish there was more like them.
See. You do right by them and they'll do right by you. (Most of the time anyway)

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
I got pulled over for my fog lights D:
I honestly didnt know it was illegal and he seemed to realise i was telling the truth.
He let me off but checked out my cars boot and such. he was really nice though :)

i dont drive with the foggies no more

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Been pulled up twice in a week as I look like someone the police are looking for..... awesome