Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does your mother in law hate you and if so how do you deal with the pain?

Vr5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman s2 5.7
I just want to point out that using the exact same letters as "Mother In Law" you can spell "Woman Hitler"

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
yer after the MIT started telling everyone and anyone that I was in fact mentally retarded and dangerous, felt it was time that personal stuff about our lives stopped getting shared with her.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
65 and german
not a winning combination lol
Dude. You're screwed... Mines now 80something and German. Makes me wonder what I have too look forward too as SWMBO has two German parents.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
My whole on law family hated me.....I just hated them back......after the ex walked out I rang and told them and they said it was the best thing she ever did.....so I told them all about her affairs and sent copies of e-mails and pictures by registered post...and just wrote ... ner ner on the card

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I'm single so I don't have this issue.

I don't get why in laws hate each other though. My mother dislikes my sister in law even though myself, my siblings and dad all like her and she's a good person. My brother and mum don't speak anymore because of it. Mum was not welcome at the engagement and was told she will never get to know any of her future grandkids let alone ever meet them.

When my mum and dad split my nanna (dad's mum) let out all the hate she had against my mum, and over the years their relationship was always frosty at best. I think it's a woman thing and that some mothers just can't let go but it was clear nanna just went with it for dad's sake and us kids.

However my dad still talks to my mum's stepmum and mum and mum's dad until he passed away. Problem is with my family is that it's big and all my grandparents have split and re married. Mum's mum has been married 5 times (my mum being the eldest) I did always feel lucky growing up having 4 pops and 4 nannas and 2 great grandmas. So many in laws though no wonder they all split.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
We have given her cash hand outs over the years when she needed money and then for her to turn around and tell everyone that I owe her!
I have purchased and installed blinds at her house. Just don't get it.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
yer after the MIT started telling everyone and anyone that I was in fact mentally retarded and dangerous, felt it was time that personal stuff about our lives stopped getting shared with her.

Mate if she is telling people you are mentally retarded because of a form of aspergers , she needs to seek help .
That's a terrible thing to say to people .

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
My mother in law is awesome, we are best friends, I know it sounds weird for a guy to be great friends with his mother in law but we have always gotten along really well.

It does help that we share a hobby with the horses.

Interestingly I don't think my mother likes my partner much, but hey no girl was ever going to be good enough for her perfect son!

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
I don't trust my mother and father in law, one day missus and i had an argument, i went to work argument unresolved, i tried calling her later that day (long shift 12+ hours) in that time they forced her to move out (got uncles and aunties involved etc.) and had 3-4 cars shifting stuff out, i got a call from my parents to go to their house before home, she had gone there too with her parents in tow, my parents didn't want me to go to an empty house.
We resolved the argument and she was back the following weekend, do you think we got the same rockstar treatment to move her back in...... took 2 days with 1 car. instead of 3 cars, trailers etc...

Also the brother in law is a c....... tried to piss on me once, he missed, which meant he didn't get his arse kicked. he also thought it was hilarious to open the door on a taxi to knock a passing jogger to the ground at 40kph.. can anyone explain why you would want to be friends with a guy like that?, i can't fathom it...