Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IRS toe control links for VR-VS?

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
I've been running VZ trailing arms in my VS now for a while with no issues.

Only issues I ran into was driveshaft length, which was sorted with spacers; and the handbrake cable not been long enough, which was sorted by moving one of the front cable brackets.

I did it to have the later model brakes on the rear, but the increased track has also been a bonus.

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
I've been running VZ trailing arms in my VS now for a while with no issues.

Only issues I ran into was driveshaft length, which was sorted with spacers; and the handbrake cable not been long enough, which was sorted by moving one of the front cable brackets.

I did it to have the later model brakes on the rear, but the increased track has also been a bonus.
Good to hear! Did you implement the toe control links or delete them? How'd it go?

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
I had a fabricator weld on the toe control brackets from the VX. IMG reduced 1.JPG Just have to paint it and make it look nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0686 red.JPG
    IMG_0686 red.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0689 red.JPG
    IMG_0689 red.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 258

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
The VX rear end is now in my VS adding toe-control links, 3.07 M80 LSD, wider track and bigger brakes. I took it for a spin last night and it rides beautifully, stops well and handles fine too. It does need an alignment though. It was a very cost effective upgrade. $150 for the entire V8 rear end, $80 for the welding, $60 for the drive shaft spacers and $10 for the longer bolts.

Attachments

• carscaled.JPG
    carscaled.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 216
  • wheelscaled.JPG
    wheelscaled.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Lunati

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 CV8- 2007 VE Calais
We used to use 3mm plate, cut and weld the box to mount the arms, weld it all on, and make our arms with rose joints and threaded bar. done it on some quick ones and they all held together.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Good to hear! Did you implement the toe control links or delete them? How'd it go?
I did not use them, but this has definitely given me the push to look at it again!

Good to hear yours went well too.