Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais/Commodores Head Liners

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V Calais
After advise on repairing/replacing Head Liner on my just purchased 2015 VF Calais. Headliner is starting to sag. Have noticed on other threads that they start to sag around the 8 to 10 year mark. I'm in Sydney. Any advice much appreciated. thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Very common problem. My advice would be to get it professionally replaced. I recently had this done on my wife's VS Clubsport and the result was excellent. Other forum members have managed to replace the headlining themselves do that is another option for you.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
After advise on repairing/replacing Head Liner on my just purchased 2015 VF Calais. Headliner is starting to sag. Have noticed on other threads that they start to sag around the 8 to 10 year mark. I'm in Sydney. Any advice much appreciated. thanks
The material delaminates from the board, you can't fix it. Replacing the material on the roof lining board is the fix.

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V Calais
The material delaminates from the board, you can't fix it. Replacing the material on the roof lining board is the fix.
Thanks. Got anyone in Sydney who does it?

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V Calais
Very common problem. My advice would be to get it professionally replaced. I recently had this done on my wife's VS Clubsport and the result was excellent. Other forum members have managed to replace the headlining themselves do that is another option for you.
Got any idea where I can get it done in Sydney. Thanks

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V Calais
Got any idea where I can get it done in Sydney. Thanks

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
He’s stopped doing normal cars now so I can‘t recommend him, but our mechanic did the lining in our VS along with the yearly rego check & service a few years back … I suspect you could get a lot of places to do it, do you have a regular mechanic to ask?

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V Calais
He’s stopped doing normal cars now so I can‘t recommend him, but our mechanic did the lining in our VS along with the yearly rego check & service a few years back … I suspect you could get a lot of places to do it, do you have a regular mechanic to ask?
Yeah. Thanks

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V Calais
Thanks. Can I ask how much you we charged for the job?