Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
M
Rating:
0%
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Feedback Stats

• Mate is that the engine life bit in the engineering mode? How do you reset it just the enter button you use to enter engineering mode on start up? I always go 5000ks for oil change so will do like you say.
    Thanks again mate.
    Hi mate, if I were running a supercharger I would use the (highway / dirt / high revs) oil change schedule specified in the owners manual - that's every 7500km - reset the oil life monitor every change interval, and check colour / tackiness every week when inspecting dipstick.
    The oil life monitor is brilliant for me, very accurate, but remember it is based on 5w30 mineral oil, so there is an even greater margin to trust it using synthetic.
    The consensus for blown LS on Cadillac / Corvette forums (who's oil life monitor is calibrated to synthetic) is to keep oil life above 20%.
    So I reckon use synthetic 10w40/50 like the hpr and change every 7500km or when oil life is still above 20%.
    Cheers
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…