Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
TazzI
Rating:
0%
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Feedback Stats

• @LukeyBoy
    Sounds like you have written off the cluster somehow, and corrupted the clusters software or stored settings. Honestly, your best choice here is to purchase another cluster unless you can find a "reset all" button in a tech2 to restore all factory settings. You could try using a ALDL cable to restore to factory settings although this may still require some additional programming so that the cluster suits your car again.

@Ckirkhoff
    You need to get your "PPK" (Pulse per kilometer) value changed in the cluster to suit your new tyres/rims/diff ect. Tech2 can easily do this! As for the fuel tank, fuel settings are slightly different between models due to different software updates ect.. so its not uncommon to have slight differences but really the readings you get are based on how heavy your right foot is.
    Hey mate...

Seems like you know a little bit about clusters. :)
    Got a few questions I hope you can help me with.
    I replaced my cluster in my VZ Crewman to a VZ S cluster and when I am doing110 km/h it shows 118 km/h. (The old one would show 114 km/h) Can the cluster be programmed to think it got smaller tires on? Or can I put bigger tires on to compensate?
    I have 205 70 R15 on at the moment which are already bigger than stock I think.

The other think that I am confused about is the Fuel calculations.
    My old cluster always showed 600km to empty on a full tank. The new one showed 700. After driving around for a bit the new one showed around the 600 mark. When I put the old one back in it showed 680 when I filled it up?

My question is.... Does the cluster LEARN from experience or is it suppose to be programmed as well?

Hope you can help. :)
    Thanks
    Christian
    Hey mate me and a mate tried putting police mode on in my vy and now my cluster doesn't work and doesn't light up do u no how to fix this
    hay tazzi read your page on dashes you might be the right person to help me i bourt a 98 vt supercharged 6 berlina with no motor or box and slid in a alloytec v6 vz 2005 changed every thing got it running but main dash is giving me hell different colour wires cant get temp to go and on exeleration the 123 nrd go up and down trying to keep hsv vt dash and connect it onto the vz harness also my vt digital aircon controll panal to run aircon and fan control speeds any helpat all will be greatly appreciated will by you beers and a huge cudle if i run into u this is doing my head in thankyou for your time any one els out there i will take
    Hey mate just finished reading your write up, brilliant, one question though, it's it possible to removed the [p] symbol on a vz Ss dash from an auto now in a manual?

It's also been configured for 3.7 diff gears different to my 3.46 gears so puts the speedo out, gather that's just an adjustment in the "how to" section of your post in engineer mode? Or could it be done via tech 2 tool?

PM me cheers. Your inbox is choccas.

Thanks
    Sean.
    Hi Tazzi,

How are you? Its been awhile since your last post.....

Does you program utilise cluster data bus while outside of car???

Does it do VY S1 & S2 as well as Vz S1 & S2?

How much for cable and program???

Thanks
    Daniel
    Hello Tassie
    Can you give a estimate when your cluster config software will be available and cost? I may have spoken with with you on the phone, its jason with the one tonner and back to Front fuel gauge. From Edgewater.
    Hey mate can u still do by dash mods such as change start up logo police mode etcetc how much do u charge
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…