Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cop chip a reality??

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
is the cop chip crap? my uncle has a bt1 and he says it has a cop chip

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh from what my mates told me there isnt a chip in them, he works at brisbane depo as a mechanic on them. Well as he said there not really a power chip so too speak.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
yeh from what my mates told me there isnt a chip in them, he works at brisbane depo as a mechanic on them. Well as he said there not really a power chip so too speak.
They have a different memcal, but it doesn't increase power at all.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
I wouldn't be taking that article too seriously, what do the herald sun know about cop cars? hehehe, a while back there was a motor mag article where an NSW highway patrol XR6T ran at the drags, it was a fair bit SLOWER than standard because of all the extra weight and the extra drag from the light bar. Cop chip my arse.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Take the thread title with a grain of salt, was purely a joke since the LS1's dont even run a memcal or 'chip'.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Take the thread title with a grain of salt, was purely a joke since the LS1's dont even run a memcal or 'chip'.

Lol, yeah, can still be tuned though. So now that you don't have memcals with an ID sticker on them, just makes it harder to prove the to the retards that they don't get a special tune. :D

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Currently owning a BT1 I know for a fact that the whole 'cop chip' is a load of crap..............BUT!!!
Did anyone else in VIC read the article on the new highway patrol cars (SMART is there new name)?
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21506134-2862,00.html
Did anyone notice the first line of paragraph four?

SMART car isn't a new term. These cars are in fact the fifth generation SMART car. The first ones were the VX SS that were those gold ones.

You're referring to the ICV (In Car Video) system? It's a brand new system that's just being rolled out after being trialled. It's not being introduced into every car I don't think as it does suck a bit of power, which is why these cars are fitted with the dual battery.

In case you didn't realise, we do have a few toys that need to be powered, such as laser, mobile data terminal, radio, mobile radar and some members (like me) have their own GPS unit they plug in. So with the ICV thrown in on top it was found that there wasn't enough power to go around, easily solved by a dual battery system.