Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cop chip a reality??

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
SMART car isn't a new term. These cars are in fact the fifth generation SMART car. The first ones were the VX SS that were those gold ones.

You're referring to the ICV (In Car Video) system? It's a brand new system that's just being rolled out after being trialled. It's not being introduced into every car I don't think as it does suck a bit of power, which is why these cars are fitted with the dual battery.

In case you didn't realise, we do have a few toys that need to be powered, such as laser, mobile data terminal, radio, mobile radar and some members (like me) have their own GPS unit they plug in. So with the ICV thrown in on top it was found that there wasn't enough power to go around, easily solved by a dual battery system.
Yeah I know its not a new term per say, but they are basically just the new name for the highway patrol cars.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Better performance doesn't necessarily mean a tune, it could just be different spring rates and damping ability of the shocks.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Better performance doesn't necessarily mean a tune, it could just be different spring rates and damping ability of the shocks.

Bloody good point. Hadn't even considered they might be talking about handling performance.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Cop cars usually have more poke though... Don't they???

Please tell me you're just stirring the ****...... The amount of times this has been gone over is insane. :cry:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
A few weeks back I was driving along, slowed down to go passed roadworks (25k signs were out), and one of the lanes were closed off making it just one open....there was a VE cop car behind me and as soon as the second laned opened and it went back to 60k's he put his foot down and went around me and gave it heaps....no sh1t it was revving off it's tits and wasn't going anywhere...I was thinkin bout puttin it back to 1st and givin' him a go with the ol' EFI 202, coz no sh1t the VE went no where. :p

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Bloody good point. Hadn't even considered they might be talking about handling performance.
Quite possible, but doubtful. The VE SS comes with the factory FE2, which is what they have always used as it qorks quite well.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Cop cars usually have more poke though... Don't they???

I have an '04 VY. At work at the moment we have VZ Commodores. In my car when I put my foot down it reacts instantly and kicks up really well. In the work cars they just feel like they're lagging a bit, and groan along with squeaks and rattles. That's even the car I drove today that only had less than 15000 on the clock.

The TMU (traffic coppers) have the V8s in them which is the only thing that gives them extra grunt. Also the fact that their cars are looked after. Because they're pursuit cars they only go out onto the road if they're in top shape. Even if they're say over due for a service, they don't go anywhere.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I have an '04 VY. At work at the moment we have VZ Commodores. In my car when I put my foot down it reacts instantly and kicks up really well. In the work cars they just feel like they're lagging a bit, and groan along with squeaks and rattles. That's even the car I drove today that only had less than 15000 on the clock.

The TMU (traffic coppers) have the V8s in them which is the only thing that gives them extra grunt. Also the fact that their cars are looked after. Because they're pursuit cars they only go out onto the road if they're in top shape. Even if they're say over due for a service, they don't go anywhere.

Just curious, where do you coppers actually service your cars??? Is it at holden certified mechanics or in dealers??

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
normally serviced by an authorised dealer