Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
or when you open the boot, the rear boot garnish empties a load of water in to the boot, or onto your head.

I get that alot. Usually on my head :-S

VTSick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC
I'm amazed they didn't pick on the tyre scrubbing issues!

VicVXBerlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Ones I have found
1. Fuel gaudge up the creek is not accurate
2. Boot dumps water on your head
3. A lot of parts not zink coated or even painted and start to rust at an early stage
4. Boot stop rubbers hold water under neath and rust starts
5. Dirt and water sit in the wells in the engine bay
6. Plastic bumper on VX Berlinas continue to pop out dont line up grrrrr
7. Painted sufaces (excepting outside body) are a very thinly coated and will not be long before corrosion takes affect
just a few that I have found

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Dash Bin - Replacing a Broken Latch

Ok after a few PM's asking me how this is done, thought I might place a few pics and steps up of how to replace
this latch. Sorry for the limited pics, was running out of battery power, but hopefully you get the general idea.

Pic1.

Open up the dash bin, and in the left hand corner you will see a pin. Remove this pin, it simply just slides
out of place.

Pic2.

Once the pin has been removed, apply pressure in the direction the arrow is pointing, and at the same time
pull towards your body. Dont apply too much pressure tho as the compartment will slide out easy enough to
gain access to the Latch.

Pic3.

Once the compartment is out, this is where the latch sits, push the latch out of position and replace with
a new latch (Can buy them at Holden $12).

Pic4.

Latch been removed from the dash bin assembly.

Now just reverse the procedure, push the compartment back in to place until you hear it clicking back in to
place and push the pin back in to location, and you're done.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,929
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,837
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3,277
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,622

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
Damn Dashes

There wasnt a section in there under electrical about dashes

By dashes im talkin bout the instrument cluster ive been havin problems with it for a while usually it goes within seconds but has been stayin on longer lately and the holden dealership have no idea what it is.

In relation to the boot and emptying water.

Im assuming you all have spoilers??

If this is correct change the gaskets for the spoiler thats what i had to do to stop mine from leaking.

By memory they were $17 from the dealership.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I got a few to add to the VX list:

The little compartment in the dash. The close lock mechanisim breaks and the little door won't stay closed.

Also a lot of VX models have has issues with the fuel gague units. I've had my whole unit replaced luckily under warranty.

How do you fix lock mechanism for the compartment ? ohh Thanks WinterVX for pictures - might pop in holden dealership and get the new latch

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Ok after a few PM's asking me how this is done, thought I might place a few pics and steps up of how to replace
this latch. Sorry for the limited pics, was running out of battery power, but hopefully you get the general idea.

Pic1.

Open up the dash bin, and in the left hand corner you will see a pin. Remove this pin, it simply just slides
out of place.

Pic2.

Once the pin has been removed, apply pressure in the direction the arrow is pointing, and at the same time
pull towards your body. Dont apply too much pressure tho as the compartment will slide out easy enough to
gain access to the Latch.

Pic3.

Once the compartment is out, this is where the latch sits, push the latch out of position and replace with
a new latch (Can buy them at Holden $12).

Pic4.

Latch been removed from the dash bin assembly.

Now just reverse the procedure, push the compartment back in to place until you hear it clicking back in to
place and push the pin back in to location, and you're done.

good stuff - you just saved me paying them labour charge and they said the whole fascia and console has to be taken out - BS

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
very helpfull site

Loopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Very helpfull info thanks guys

Status