Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
Does any VT owners have these problems:

1) the covers that hide the screws in the interior fall out of random places

2) the glovebox breaks on the boot release button side.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Does any VT owners have these problems:

1) the covers that hide the screws in the interior fall out of random places

2) the glovebox breaks on the boot release button side.

Nope and Nope.

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Pic2.

Once the pin has been removed, apply pressure in the direction the arrow is pointing, and at the same time
pull towards your body. Dont apply too much pressure tho as the compartment will slide out easy enough to
gain access to the Latch.

QUOTE]

Just for the benefit of others - My unit was secured by 2 screws (one on either side) - which where hidden behind the gear selector shroud and scured to the front of the bin unit.

Not sure removing the pin did anything - but until I accessed the 2 screws (meant loosening the centre consol unit) - the bin would noy have been able to have been removed.

My car is a VX Spav 2001 model.

Thanks anyway for the original posts - very helpful

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
WINTER VX - YOU ARE A JET! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Just got the thingo out

Thanks a 1,000,000

Cheers
Cav

VH Vacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V6
Glove

Nope and Nope.

Yep, The glove box mounts (upper roller) on my VX have broken...don't put too much weight in their guys :-(

Local wrecker says there is a $110 kit to fix em....I paid $65 for a new GB lid at the local Holden dealer...just remember to change over the locking mechanism :thumbsup:

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
the glovebox breaks on the boot release button side.

broke yesterday, went to open it and it broke off. another part of my car that requires money that i dont want to spend on :ranting:

lehma06

lehma06
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi There, I was wondering if anyone could please help me. We have a VX Acclaim & for ages now we've been having problems with the air bag. Initially the light would come on & we'd take it to the auto electrician & he'd reset it & it'd be ok for a good while. Then it just kept happening & happening. We then got the brain for the air bag replaced & it was good for a while but it came back on again. We again got the part replaced under warranty & still we're having problems. I have just spoken to my auto electrician & he said that Holden thinks maybe the actual car is causing the air bag light to come on & damaging the air bag part????? Does anyone know anything about why we're continually having problems with our air bag light? I did hear that apparently if you spray deodorant inside the car, that can set off the air bag light????? Has anyone else ever experienced the same problems? I would really appreciate if anyone could assist. My email is [email protected] if you would like to email me direct. Thankyou Serena :)

girlracer

HSVLADY
Reaction score
Website
www.numberplatesforyou.co.nz
Members Ride
HSV R8 vx11
Thump in rear HSV R8 VX11

When crawling in traffic jams very slowly Im getting a massive thump in the rear as if the tyre is flat and maybe going over a rock. It feels like it's on the drivers side but I actually think it alternate. It starts off a light thump and then can become a very large thump. Any ideas. It does have a towbar so may of been towing before me. It really is bad but I dont notice it when driving fast to faster HA! maybe I'll just drive fast. Any help is welcome. Thanks

senator 200

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vt executive v6
can anybody tell me how to check the fault codes on my vt v6 it's just started idling rough like its fueling up. any ideas

HOLDENSPECIALVEHICLES

NEXTCAR: HSV VY R8 Clubby
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv.com.au
Members Ride
1998 VT S1 V6 Berlina
when i am just driving along any roads i get random cracks and banging noises coming from my front wheals does anyone know if that could be a major issue i don't want my wheels falling out from underneath me.

Status
Not open for further replies.