Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VB motor swap. Help needed

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
S1 L67 VS Calais & Datsun 120Y
i just inherited a perfect stock VB commo 3.3L that had power steering put on it last year coz the previous owner was elderly. The car is mint inside and out however i find that the 202 is slugish and thirsty. The cheapest most realistic idea i have inmind while keeping the much loved VB is an RB30 conversion. Most ppl tell me to buy a newer commo but i really want to keep the VB as a dailer driver with an EFI motor, i believe the RB30 is the best option.

Is there anyone out there that has done this? or hav any info on this idea? or can help me out in any way shape or form?

Cheers ppl

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i reckon the cheap and most realistic option is VK EFI ... will bolt straight onto your motor ....

however even the nissan motor or VK EFI will only still give small increases in power, you really need to upgrade engine etc to get decent boosts in power ....

i guess it depends how far you want to go with it.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
The VB came out with a 9 port head and the VK injection wont bolt straight on.

The most reliable, powerful, economical conversion to do on the car is a V6 conversion and will be a nice daily driver.

Scummy on the forum did a V6 conversion to his VK seach for his info thread on the topic on the forum.

cheers
Scott